Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kibworth Presentation Day Shoot Results

Sorry I missed the Xmas Fun Shoot, sounds like it was as evil as usual
    Just Like to say congratulations to all the trophy winners in all three competitions that have been run at Kibworth this year.
    Big thank you to The Primes for sponsoring the Open Series the trophies looked top notch, likewise to Baggers for setting the courses and organising the pistol competition and trophies,you fully deserved your award Hopefully Santa will bring me one so that I can take part in next years Competition
    Also a massive thanks to Rob Brown for keeping us all under control and generally being Mr Kibworth.
    And to everyone else that I have met and spent time with at Kibworth over the last 12 months it has been a pleasure to get to know you all and to call a lot of you good friends, so on behalf of young Gregs and myself
    Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
    hope to see you all back at Kibworth soon

Greg
    Daystate MK4 ST Burris FullfieldII
    Even a broken watch tells the right time twice a day
    http://kibworthairgunclub.freeforums.org/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by ratgunner View Post
    Congratulations Rocman on your first post here on the BBS,

Glad you enjoyed the Kibby as well, will probably see up there in due course,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

To You And Yours, Bernard.
    And this is my second post!
    Thank you Bernard - I think I have already had the privileged of shooting with you, I had my .22 Parker Hale Striker that day.

Merry Xmas to All

Thanks to all.

Here is a big thank you to the Kibby course builders and to the shooters I have competed with this year at the open shoots.
    Already looking forward to doing it again next year.
    Would like a crack at pistol if your comp goes open, maybe someone could tell me what type of air pistol required and what type of targets do you shoot etc.

Steve
    The voices made me do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by hw97k2000 View Post
    Here is a big thank you to the Kibby course builders and to the shooters I have competed with this year at the open shoots.
    Already looking forward to doing it again next year.
    Would like a crack at pistol if your comp goes open, maybe someone could tell me what type of air pistol required and what type of targets do you shoot etc.

Steve
    Hopefully Rob is going to carry on with pistols next year when i leave, we have discussed and after the success and fun we had over the last six months it will most likely continue and be made into open series, we shoot at the normal HFT targets and finish with some paper targets, knock downs dont go that far out so its fair for everyone and all types of pistols, most people have been using the Weihrauchs although anything like that will be good enough but CO2s do struggle with accuracy (more for plinking fun) when your next at Kibby talk to Rob or myself about it. cheers
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post
    I had two perfect shots on peg 4 (through the bike wheel), dead centre.

Touble was that some evil bar-steward had drilled a ruddy great hole in the middle of the kill zone so I scored a double donut...

Neil
    Good Shooting, you must have been hungry 2 donuts mmmm
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Quote Originally Posted by never too old View Post
    Hopefully Rob is going to carry on with pistols next year when i leave, we have discussed and after the success and fun we had over the last six months it will most likely continue and be made into open series, we shoot at the normal HFT targets and finish with some paper targets, knock downs dont go that far out so its fair for everyone and all types of pistols, most people have been using the Weihrauchs although anything like that will be good enough but CO2s do struggle with accuracy (more for plinking fun) when your next at Kibby talk to Rob or myself about it. cheers
    Ok thanks for that, have had a go at knock downs with my Umarex Colt but it wasn't really powerful enough for them even at about 8yds.
    My Crosman 2240 will knock them over out to 25yds but thats a .22 so may not be accurate enough.
    What sights are allowed or is it open sights only.

Steve
    The voices made me do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by hw97k2000 View Post
    Ok thanks for that, have had a go at knock downs with my Umarex Colt but it wasn't really powerful enough for them even at about 8yds.
    My Crosman 2240 will knock them over out to 25yds but thats a .22 so may not be accurate enough.
    What sights are allowed or is it open sights only.

Steve
    You can use any sights, some people prefer open sights but more are going for the red dot type, this year as it was a test series we put everyone in together, and i dont think anyone had an advantage over anyone else and the person who won it did it with a second hand Weihrauch 40 with a red dot sight, so as with air rifles you cant buy success its all about the nut behind the butt
    [B] Yipee ki yay

thanks ratty ill try an do better next year
    gunless but gordon brown can still eat my s--t

Had a great day.The course was brilliant very challenging (though a few more kneeling and standing shots for kathy please steve).
    I would like say a big thankyou to everyone at the club, rob for bringing a bootfull of rifles for me and kath to try on our first day,steve,rob again and everyone else involved in organizing and running the club.
    thanks also to everyone for their tips and help in guiding us through our first years shooting.
    hope you all have a great christmas and an even greater new year.
    mark and kathy.