Thread: BSA Standard

BSA Standard

I have aquired a real basket case Standard.It has some kind of home made rear sight,and front sight.Can a new set be bought from anywhere?
    The gun shoots [just] and has all the usual refinements you expect to find on these-chipped stock,nuts and bolts holding the cocking lever together and a home made trigger guard.

Like I said it shoots and it woud be a shame to scrap it as it only cost me £30.
    I have a lathe amongst other tools,so could make one at a push.

Anyone suggest the best replacement mainspring for these?
    Cheers, Pat.

BSA spring

The BSA airsporter mainspring goes in with no problem, you have to shorten the spring by around 4/5 turns to get them in. Cut the spring down bit at a time until the gun will cock. works great in mine. They are for sale on e bay now.

hi pat,i use john knibbs for parts for my old bsa,s.he would be your best bet for parts but although i have always found his parts prices reasonable for replacement parts for long obsolete guns,i believe sights are very expensive .i think someone more knowledgeble will be along soon and frighten you with the price.persevere with it though as these old guns are a please to own and shoot....cheers ..greasemonkey

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

o yes!

as mentioned sights are very pricey for a full set of sights front and rear expect a bill in the region of around £60 all in ,i am in the process of sourcing a rear sight assembly from a differant place[of far better quality] but the front sight is proving difficult as the shape is unique to bsa; i did go to the effoet of pricing up the possibility of making them myself but not surprisingly it came to around the same as i couldnt really make enough to get the price down.even using lazer cut parts although in conjunction with engineering mates we are going to have another go.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    as mentioned sights are very pricey for a full set of sights front and rear expect a bill in the region of around £60 all in ,i am in the process of sourcing a rear sight assembly from a differant place[of far better quality] but the front sight is proving difficult as the shape is unique to bsa; i did go to the effoet of pricing up the possibility of making them myself but not surprisingly it came to around the same as i couldnt really make enough to get the price down.even using lazer cut parts although in conjunction with engineering mates we are going to have another go.
    Hi , I have one of these, ( Bsa Standard 1927 ) I would break if enough intrest ! ( Complete with open sights )
    If any intrest is shown for the " Whole " gun in parts, Say so on here & I will post prices !
    PS , I want to be left with any of the unwanted gun .
    No pitting, brownish Patina, No splits to stock, Etc. Cheers,
    2nd from the left, Or if any intrest will put a price on for sale !

Hi Ged,

It sounds like Frontend Loader might be interested in the sights, trigger guard and various nuts and bolts etc.

I would be interested in the stock if you decide to split the gun, (including the little oval piece and leafspring in the butt. I would also like the sights if they are good, however it is only fair to offer them to Frontend loader first ( as it is his thread after all)

ATB

Lakey

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hi , I have one of these, ( Bsa Standard 1927 ) I would break if enough intrest ! ( Complete with open sights )
    If any intrest is shown for the " Whole " gun in parts, Say so on here & I will post prices !
    PS , I want to be left with any of the unwanted gun .
    No pitting, brownish Patina, No splits to stock, Etc. Cheers,
    2nd from the left, Or if any intrest will put a price on for sale !
    i would be interested in the whole gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Hi Ged,

It sounds like Frontend Loader might be interested in the sights, trigger guard and various nuts and bolts etc.

I would be interested in the stock if you decide to split the gun, (including the little oval piece and leafspring in the butt. I would also like the sights if they are good, however it is only fair to offer them to Frontend loader first ( as it is his thread after all)

ATB

Lakey
    Thanks mate,

Ged,I would be interested in the sights and trigger guard if you break it-cheers Pat.

Bsa standard

Hi, I am now in a dilemma !
    Can anyone put a valuation on the gun, If so its up for sale at that, ( If I deem it a fair price )

I see certain items, ( Stock, Sights, trigger guard Etc ) are sought after,
    However as I stated above, I want to be left with any " Shrapnel "
    If you want a part say so, but it ALL has to go ! price them individually or sell whole,

I think it might be better in one piece ? post better Pics if anyone is intrested. Ged.