Thread: Luger Rifle Scope's

Luger Rifle Scope's

This version of the Luger is an EU 1.5-6x44:
    The build quality is to a very good standard - very robust, nicely finished and the zoom ring which is solid to turn without being too stiff. The turrets are low profile so no banging them about in the gun cabinet. The turrets don’t click when turning which did take some getting use to, you just have to make a point and look on the dial when zeroing.

Optically it seems very good with a high-contrast image, even in low light its very clear and works really well, with a clarity that’s equal to scopes I’ve looked through in a much higher price bracket. The magnification range “1.5 -6” is great for what I need for hunting. I can see the end of my barrel on 1.5 magnifications and can also see targets as close as 10 yards. This low magnification is great for giving fast target acquisition, and at x6 time the clarity is still good to use it for late night lamping with a nice wide field of view.

Technical information

Magnification 1.5-6x
    Objective lens diameter 44
    Reticle: German 4A
    Tube diameter (30mm)
    Length (320mm)
    Weights (475 g)
    Full Multi-Coating
    Twilight factor 8.12-16.25

Good Points

• Built quality is very good.
    • 1.5-6 Magnification is great for hunting.
    • Clarity is very good.

Bad Points

• There's no parallax adjustment.
    • The turrets don’t click when turning penny slot adjustment.

Conclusion

This is a no frills midrange scope with a great 4a Reticle that gives you a good clarity for your money. It’s not without faults but you get what you pay for, and the cost of this scopes its certainty worth the money. I would say this scope would be well suited for .22 centre fire, rather than air rifles etc.
    Last edited by Friday; 05-05-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: very good
    MyRifles -Steyr LG110 .177cal - Sightron SIII 10-50x60-