Thread: Drulov DU10 CO2 Pistol

Drulov DU10 CO2 Pistol

Looks like I got my Christmas present THIS year !!

After weeks of looking finally tracked 2 of these - hard to find ( ? ) CO2 target pistols.

One was at a shop in East Sussex - too far and no postal sales ( thanks UK Govt )

The other was Airgun World classifieds . Not cheap though , had to pay way over what I had in mind - unless you want one of those newer nasty cheap plastic ones .....

Something about pistols . I always enjoy holding and owning them but shoot them very well despite my best efforts .

I would like to have a go at " proper " pistol target shooting esp , if it could have an aspect of multi shot fire to it - which the Drulov and a few others can of course .

In the meantime , those little mini pop cans make great ( if expensive ) reactive targets when shook up . GREAT !!

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

The appeal with the Drulov - for me was its firearm like looks .

V similar to a .22 rimfire target pistol in size and shape .

However , I do not know how it compares , performance wise , to similar models within the sub £400 category - if such exists ?

The Tau pistol I guess and Zastava ? Others ?

I hear the Drulov limitations centre around the trigger ? any comments ?

Carl.
    Last edited by PHOBUS; 14-12-2009 at 09:46 PM.
    " This , is MY safety "

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post

Something about pistols . I always enjoy holding and owning them but shoot them very well despite my best efforts .

Carl.
    And I thought it was just me!
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Looks like I got my Christmas present THIS year !!

After weeks of looking finally tracked 2 of these - hard to find ( ? ) CO2 target pistols.

One was at a shop in East Sussex - too far and no postal sales ( thanks UK Govt )

The other was Airgun World classifieds . Not cheap though , had to pay way over what I had in mind - unless you want one of those newer nasty cheap plastic ones .....

I would like to have a go at " proper " pistol target shooting esp , if it could have an aspect of multi shot fire to it - which the Drulov and a few others can of course .

In the meantime , those little mini pop cans make great ( if expensive ) reactive targets when shook up . GREAT !!

Carl.
    Congratulations on your Christmas present, Carl! You can use in in our 6 yard, 10 meter, and Bullsye shoots, and IF it holds 6 rounds, in our Police shoots as well.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks Jim .

Appreciate your response there .

I think the Drulov takes 5 rounds max , but confirm as I have not received it yet .

Still in the UK postal system

Also the previous owner said Crosman Accupells , but I read it likes target FLAT HEAD pellets , and from what I read that seems right for a Target pistol of this type ?

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Thumbs up Drulov

Thanks Jim .

Appreciate your response there .

I think the Drulov takes 5 rounds max , but confirm as I have not received it yet .

Still in the UK postal system

Also the previous owner said Crosman Accupells , but I read it likes target FLAT HEAD pellets , and from what I read that seems right for a Target pistol of this type ?

Carl.
    your right they do indeed prefer flatheads, triggers vary greatly from 2 bricks rubbing together to superb, for some reason all the zastava,s a very similar pistol all seem to have good triggers!, anyway good fun to shoot. If the trigger is dodgy it just needs a little polishing, have fun with it atb ...mike...

Almightyrastus is offline Let's hope the mods are in a kind mood
    Fantastic pistols, I have had one for years.

If the trigger is not to your liking then the whole pistol can be very easily stripped down to alter things. Just be careful about setting the trigger too light as this can lead to things going full auto, releasing all 5 shots in a very small fraction of a second.

I am working on getting a fully position-adjustable trigger sorted out for mine which shouldn't be too difficult as the blade is dovetailed in the same way as the AA S200. I have also had the top of the housing drilled and tapped to take a red dot or pistol scope on a length of weaver rail.

Have you got the hard or soft case with yours? I want to try and get a hard case for mine at some point as the soft one, although perfectly fine does feel a little flimsy.
    AA s200 with BSA contender 8-32 x 50 - .22
    AA S410 with 4-12x44 MTC Viper (.22 and .177 barrels)

Thanks mate

Appreciate response .

Full - auto eh ? Sounds like fun

I remember reading a review of the pistol which I still have - just dug it out - Target Sports 1999 .

Recommended ammo was R10 by Dynamit Nobel .

The reviewer was mystified as to how the auto system on the pistol worked , and it seems to be pretty unique in this sense.

My pistol has not arrived yet but is in a fitted aluminium case . hoping its a minter !!

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

The semi auto mechanism is extremely simple in this gun. The hammer is a long rod which goes from the front power adjustment screw right back to the valve at the top of the grip where it strikes a ball bearing which works as the valve, this allows gas to travel two ways, up to the pellet stack and also forwards onto the hammer.

The hammer is a tight fit in the hole it passes through to hit the valve so get pushed back, on its way resetting the trigger. This is the bit you have to be careful with, if the trigger has too little contact area in the sears the force makes them bounce and they fail to reset properly.

Oh and full auto in this case means all you hear is one bigger bang as it all happens so fast.

Drulov

I picked up an absolute mint Drulov du10 from Ed on here a few weeks back.
    I wanted it for 10m Rapid Fire competition shooting as I was not prepared to pay out over a Grand for a Styer.
    The design for this pistol was based around a -22lr Standard / 5 shot semi for winter training I believe.
    I must admit I do like shooting this pistol its FUN !!
    It comes nowhere near the match pistols I use for 10m and 20yrd especially in the trigger department as it is a tad coarse if you get my drift and the balance and grip are not up to match pistols but hey for an as new pistol for well under £200 quid ! do the maths !!
    I have had it miss fire a few times but other than that its a beauty.

A question for all you Drulove owners

How do you disperse the remaining CO2 from the cartridge when finished shooting and say there's 1/2 the gas left ??
    It says in the manual to pull back the cocking tabs but I cant do this on mine ? as you know it self cocks ready to fire.
    I have tried putting the safety on and releasing the trigger and the lifting the safety !! but cant work this out.

Cheers

Steve

Well my Drulov arrived in its fitted case and I am well impressed .

Not quite mint and significantly more than £200 to buy but hey I am still happy with it .

Also having never fired a Steyr I wouldnt know how to compare this with a £1000 + pistol .

The Drulov does not LOOK to me like a pukka target pistol either - more like a firearm trainer with target aspirations maybe ....

I am pleased with the build quailty and solidity of the piece , and think its place would be for those who want to go beyond the usual Umarex fodder , but not yet ready to pay out for a Walther / Hammerli /Feinwerkbau / or Steyr .

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Drulov

Thats exactly what it is Carl
    A .22lr trainer pistol
    It feels, looks handles very similar just no bang or smoke !!!
    Dont underestimate it though or compare it to plinkers as it far outweighs these types of pistol.
    It has good sights and when you get use to the balance and trigger it will give great results at 10m target competition cards.
    If you get a chance at 10m rapid fire its real fun

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Almightyrastus View Post
    I have also had the top of the housing drilled and tapped to take a red dot or pistol scope on a length of weaver rail.
    did you remove the top housing to do this? If so how is it done? I've got a few lengths of weaver rail and a few red dot sights kicking about for a project like this
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

yeah, that's it. The housing was removed and trued up in a mill then two M4 holes put in the top to fit the pre-drilled weaver rail I had. Tehn you just need to trim some bolts down so they won't touch the barrel inside and away you go.

Just be careful with tightening them though as the metal is not the hardest out there.

Oh and if you have the right length of rail you won't need to take it off to still use the open sights. mine has a grove down the length that ensures it is hidden behind the rearsight when aiming.

I will have to dig out some pics at some point.