Thread: Haenel ID issues...

windowrest is offline I may be quick but never flippant

Haenel ID issues...

I have been kindly volunteered to sort out a friends Haenel air rifle. It's a budgy little thing, similar size to a Weblet Junior, but with a groove down either side of the front of the stock. It has a brass sleeve over the butt end of the action, with 'haenel 40' stamped on it... Easy,'I thought- Chambers, spring, washers and all the gubbins for Haenel 40 please! but they list a 1, 2, 300, 302, 303 or 311.
    So, what is it?
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Quote Originally Posted by windowrest View Post
    I have been kindly volunteered to sort out a friends Haenel air rifle. It's a budgy little thing, similar size to a Weblet Junior, but with a groove down either side of the front of the stock. It has a brass sleeve over the butt end of the action, with 'haenel 40' stamped on it... Easy,'I thought- Chambers, spring, washers and all the gubbins for Haenel 40 please! but they list a 1, 2, 300, 302, 303 or 311.
    So, what is it?
    It's a 1930s kid's rifle, very similar to the Diana model 22, according to John Walter.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

windowrest is offline I may be quick but never flippant
    Cheers that man, I shall look slightly less ignomorous in Chambers tomorrow now.
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.