Thread: Gas-ram Inflation

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Gas-ram Inflation

A fairly plain Theoben Scirroco cost £270 in 1986. That is over £530 in today's money.

I would still hesitate to buy one.

I think they actually represent better value these days than they did then.
    A walnut Evo is about £450 now, a new silenced hw80 is £350, 95 is £295.
    To shoot the Evo is like having a tuned version of either of these plus has a walnut stock and slightly superior bluing. Ok most people say that the trigger is not as good but I like mine just as much. They are a good weight and length for a hunting gun too. I agree though, when they came out there was a huge difference in the price of an 80 and a scirroco, bet they were nearly double.

DM80 Guest
    i still would'nt buy one rubbish when they came out and still rubbish today they still cant make a decent trigger mech after all these years and recoil is harsh proper scope killers.

dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    i still would'nt buy one rubbish when they came out and still rubbish today they still cant make a decent trigger mech after all these years and recoil is harsh proper scope killers.

dave.
    kind of agree but i actually think the trigger on the latest ones is worse
    i have an early COUNTRYMAN that i have fitted with a spring and that gun shoots as well as any current springer

Ok I agree with the remark re the trigguer, but despite the recoel its not killed my scope on my Grand Prix. Its not unpleasent recoel just different.

thoben

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post

dave.
    I agree and have seen too many new gasram rifles that are inconsistent and drop in FT/LBs.A member at the club has one and has been back to Theobens 4 times due to power decreasing and only the barrel remains from the original action,chrono`d recently at 8 FT/LBS.I had a SLR88 and that was very smooth and consistent to shoot and sat at 11.5 FT/LB`s.I think the pre HE rammers are the ones to look out for?.
    Personally i dont think they come anywhere near a tuned springer.
    ATB
    Steve

I've had my fair share of dealings with theoben because I own 3 gas rams. My Fenman in particular has been troublesome. None have ever leaked though. My .22 evo was only 8.5 ft lbs when I first tested it with a chrono having had it a couple of years. I invested in a pump, pumped it up and it has remained the same since. This is as nice (if not nicer) to shoot as any springer
    I have tried and has low recoil. Can't say the same of my .22 95 with v-mach kit in. Even my .177 Fenman is relatively low recoil. Sure they has a fast action, but I judge it on how much the cross hairs jump on discharge. I can not shoot better groups than the fenman with any gun I own. I agree though,
    the original triggers like I had on my Scirroco countryman could be set nice and crisp but the trigger blade flapped about during the cocking process.