Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shepreth XMAS HFT 20/12/09

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.

Shepreth XMAS HFT 20/12/09

SAGC rules, there will be some festive targets out for a bit of fun and we are having the usual xmas raffle.

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Got all the raffle prizes today, going to be worth buying a few tickets.

Can you use gaffer tape as a scope mount?

If we don't have a silly hat to wear can we use a silly gun instead....

Anne, I shouldn't encourage this really, but..

You could use a different gun on each peg

Might take you a while to zero them though, although from what you said on sunday, your not usually bothered by that anyway.
    Theoben MFR CS800 .177/Burris Timberline, Theoben Evo .177/ Burris Timberline, BSA Supersport .25, Haenel XX, BSA Ultra .177/ Burris Timberline.

If can find a trolley that might be an idea....

Hmmmm!! thanks for that!! There's clearly a fine line between;

a. Not knowing where your zero is but having a vague idea where the aim points are

or

b. Knowing where the zero is (21 clicks up...Eeeek!) and then realising you haven't a clue where the aim points are.

Ooops.
    I thought I'd re-zeroed it for 25yds, but in hindsight suspect that was now the secondary rather than primary zero and it was now honed it at the 68 yd mark.

I must not b*gger about with my scope I must not b*gger about with my scope I must not b*gger about with my scope I must not b*gger about with my scope I must not b*gger about with my scope *ahem*

In the absence of a silly hat (okay, sillier than usual) I'm toying with the idea of;
    1. Daisy 880 multi-pump. My pride and joy in about 1985 and fitted with a cutting edge 4x20 scope. Not sure about the 300 odd pumps it'll take to get round the course... or if it'll go beyond the 30yd mark. Actually, if I can see beyond the 30yd marek with that scope...
    2. Jackal sidelever; great monsterous hulk of black synthetic bits. (Do need to zero that one...)
    3. Pre WW1 with iron sights.

Failing that I go back to youir original idea and just connect up a small trailer to the back of Bruces stock to take the arsenal around with me.

Oooh decisions decisions....

Bruce's Stock....

What a multi purpose piece of timber it is.
    Not only does it work well on his rifle, but if it rained hard enough, we could all float home on it.

We would all like to see and play with some of your vast collection Anne.
    I'm not sure if the weather on sunday is going to favour the old relics though.
    You could however strap all your guns to Matt and he probably wouldn't notice..
    Theoben MFR CS800 .177/Burris Timberline, Theoben Evo .177/ Burris Timberline, BSA Supersport .25, Haenel XX, BSA Ultra .177/ Burris Timberline.

[QUOTE=Simple;3982179]

Totally agree ... as an old relic that often accompanies Batfink I do suffer from weather...

Cheers,
    The Old One

sun

well simon you are right about anne and the zeroing problem but you missed out you have to mount the scope properly and do up the bolts so it don't move aswell. Also if bruce loses to andrea many more times i'm going to lose my voice telling everyone about it.

colin

p.s my turn to win this week

Quote Originally Posted by percypepper View Post
    w Also if bruce loses to andrea many more times i'm going to lose my voice telling everyone about it.
    I heard a rumour he's now hiring out the side of that stock for advertising space so you may not need to strain those dulcet tones anymore

well simon you are right about anne and the zeroing problem but you missed out you have to mount the scope properly and do up the bolts so it don't move aswell. Also if bruce loses to andrea many more times i'm going to lose my voice telling everyone about it.

colin

Well there's a frickin bonus
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Simple View Post
    Bruce's Stock....

What a multi purpose piece of timber it is.
    Not only does it work well on his rifle, but if it rained hard enough, we could all float home on it.

We would all like to see and play with some of your vast collection Anne.
    You could however strap all your guns to Matt and he probably wouldn't notice..
    Right you lot the family has just got back from sledging down royston heath on my stock and i got no complaints !

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGS "N" WIFE View Post
    Right you lot the family has just got back from sledging down royston heath on my stock and i got no complaints !
    I take that was all at the same time
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Technically if he put a larger hamster on, it'd double as the Ark....

if bruce loses to andrea many more times i'm going to lose my voice telling everyone about it.

colin

I'm not sure the losing your voice thing is actually possible.
    I can always shoot 177 if you'd like to win this week, but i think wayne might whoop the pair of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple View Post
    I'm not sure the losing your voice thing is actually possible.
    I can always shoot 177 if you'd like to win this week, but i think wayne might whoop the pair of us.
    mmmmmmmmmmmm

we'll see
    most probable a fluke

but i do hope so

be nice to get a gold
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/