Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanator View Post
When it comes to refinement, an out of the box Eliminator has the edge only due to its powerplant. A gasram is always going to be smoother than a spring. My Kodiak puts out 28-29ft/lb and my target bears out its capability. In the field or on the range I'll be very surprised if the eliminator can exceed such performance, as Lionel suggested tune the Eliminator to your Patriot's power level and shoot them back to back.

Merry Christmas.
And to you too.
Actually I shot Lionel's rifle before he did when another friend owned it. I remember that at the lower levels this particular Eliminator was very smooth indeed thus my comments because I have never owned a .25 Eliminator only .20 and .22. I have also only owned a .25 Patriot so it will be interesting to do the back to back as suggested.

One thing I do disagree with you on though is your assertion that a gas ram will always be smoother than a spring. Most of the shooters you talk to in the UK complain that the gas ram is too snappy. That can be as a result of over-pressuring it and it very often is. However, disregarding that, most of my friends much prefer to shoot a tuned springer rather than a gas ram. Also bear in mind that the price difference between a gas ram rifle and a quality springer leaves you enough money to tune the springer. OK perhaps not to top standard but I have yet to meet a shooter who would prefer a legal limit gas ram to a lazaglided springer but I'm sure they do exist.