Thread: Benelli supernova 3.5",28",m/c, pump, 3shot

Benelli supernova 3.5",28",m/c, pump, 3shot

This is a review of a benelli supernova 12gauge 3.5"mag 3shot pump action 28" barrel. well what can i say about this gun....

I bought it just before christmas, i was in the market for a knockabout gun, with wildfowl in mind. it must be tough, synthetic and cheap.
    I asembled the gun and i can really say its "ly" it looks cheap and plastic.
    I looked for the fisher price logo, but only found the benelli print !
    It has a little button forward of the trigger guard thats the action cycle button i push this and cycle the rough action, (this is a brand new gun btw).

I cycle it a few times and i got more confident in using it. The safety is placed forward of the trigger, not the back. but you get used to it. (i dont even bother using the safety, its either loaded or unloaded.) the safety is neat and crisp. no mistaking anything.
    upon opening the action, the rotary bolt head looks like a really neat idea.

the barrel finish is really good and even, its not going to win any awards. the black plastic stock makes the gun look cheap and tacky, but is really durable. its been taking a hammering and no bad scratches yet. overall i`m getting used to the plastic,(it was one of my criteria points. it scored very high)
    the rib is stepped and has a small mid bead and a lighthouse stuck on the end. in a big red end !

The gun is very light in the stock but is very front heavy. it doesnt ballance at all. it has comfortech technology in the stock, and a vented recoil pad, it is all jet black. (its ugly-beautiful.)
    the 28" gun handles like a 34" big bu66er. if i had to purchase another i`d get a smaller one (24")

The pump slide has thick plastic vents for sweaty grip. it actually works great. a special feature the forearm has, is a little button on the underneath. This is the magazine block feature, for you to open the action and not to engage the next shell. This is a really good idea. Its a big button too, so gloved hands- no problem (this gun is turning out to be better than expected.)

The magazine is filled up from underneath via the loading port. It is really big for those 3.5" cartridges. The magazine has an empty lever/button on the inside of the tube. When the magazine is loaded, press this button for each shell that you want to unload (that`ll be 2 then !)

The choke system is the beretta / beneli mobil choke system. It is a standard multichoke system. They just screw right in using benelli choke key (whick i couldnt be more pleased with, its huge!). I select an appropriate open choke, (full)

i took it to a clay ground to give it a good hammering.(that i did)
    i started on the skeet, and had a couple of great kills. It handles ok but it still feels off ballance. It is quick up in the shoulder and the sight picture looks great (apart from that red lighthouse on the end.) Recoil isnt really noticable, with 1oz loads. Cycling shells out is easy. The first few times you really need to give it some right wellie! after the initial break in it worked out really smooth. After getting my bag limit of skeet (good eatin there!) i wander over to the sprot course.

Most targets are long and floaty, The length of the gun really helps. i connect with an unusually high percentage of targets. (i like shooting report pairs with a new gun). As the gun has weight in front with that elongated barrel there is little muzzel flip, and the target aquisition is really fast.

i start getting alittle good and dust off some "springing teal" from under 4 ft from the trap (report pair.)
    This thing isnt half bad!
    i evenually shoot all the shells me and my good friends had (750). It was quite a clay session.

overall i am really impressed. This gun would be a demon pigeon gun. knock off a good 4 ft from the too long barrel, give the stock some weight, and grow a 3rd arm to help you pump it. it still is and will be a damn ugly gun. (i should have a paper bag over it when i shoot it)
    I was really impressed with the adverse conditions it can operate in.
    It did come with me when i went wildfowling and i did "sort of" fall in a little bit of a ditch water. My gun got soaked and i didnt really care.

After my bath, (or wildfowl christening) i took the gun apart. I took off the forend cap and punch out both trigger retention pins. I pull the trigger group out and spray all the rubbish out, i leave it to air dry. i proceed and just rip everything out and spray with my cleaner (water displacement type). Everthing got cleaned.
    left it to dry over night. then put it all back together.

would i buy the gun again? yes, in a heart beat. i`d change the barrel length to 24" though.
    i`d recomend getting this gun. it is a ugly plastic gun. but i`d not treat my nice guns to a bath like i did this. so for a rough / knock about gun this exceeds expectations. i`ve had 1500 cartridges through it in under a month.
    i`ve put a little weight in the stock to adjust the ballance. i`ll be putting it through some more extreme clay sessions.
    i have got quite quick pumping the gun. i have put in some respectable scores with it too. confirming that i can hit some stuff.
    you do get funny looks, but they could be looking at me not the gun.

i however recomend getting a red rag cloth with a knot tied in the corner, as a SAFE flag.
    for the price of just over £500. it is in the "extreme" value for money. without the quality drawback. this is a high quality gun for the price.
    Good deal, Paramainiac 20-05-07
    Good deal, Snipperuk 11-09-10
    Good deal, Skygrowler 13-10-10

Thumbs up

hay

Just bought the same bennelli model and i couldent agree more its an exlent rough gun verry robust. i would definitely recomend it.

it does take un due stick, it is dog ugly.
    i take it out in the wet. save me damaging the other toys.

i`ve ran a whole heap of steel through it. not a mark.

cook.
    Good deal, Paramainiac 20-05-07
    Good deal, Snipperuk 11-09-10
    Good deal, Skygrowler 13-10-10