I've just been using my Patriot and thought I'd post a few comments on this thread.
Firstly, I chronoe-ed it. Not something I do very often but I wanted to see what it was actually doing. The answer is 800 ft sec with H & N FTT 20.1 grain pellets so 28 ft lb. Perfectly acceptable and a remarkable 3 ft sec variation over my test.
I set about shooting a few pellets and can report a) it didn't kick b) my shoulder is more than up to cocking the rifle c)the accuracy was perfectly acceptable-one big hole group over my 30 metre measured range and d) a nasty audible whack as the pellet struck my target board.
All this shooting pleasure for £200 including a good scope-Simmons Pro Air 6-18x40 which is ideal for the rifle so I am 'well pleased.'
For those of you who are interested in a comparison with the Eliminator well here goes.
I have owned 4 Eliminators and used several more including a very refined .25 owned by my friend Lionel on here which was formerly owned by Jon Budd who knows a thing or two about shooting. I sold my last one-a .20-to Brian747 as I found the cocking effort too much for my bad shoulder. He can speak for himself but I believe that he is delighted with the rifle unlike the rabbits on his shoot. Now for the conclusion: ignoring the cocking for a moment, for me the best self contained air rifle I have ever used is the .20 Eliminator. Taking cocking effort into account I would choose a Venom tuned Weihrauch HW80-probably in .22. which would however cost quite a lot more.
As it is my current 'bad boy' is a .25 Patriot with a garish stock and that is likely to be with me for a long time.