Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Webley Patriot-a review

I wasnt talking about powerlevels really, but overall quality and shootability. The Pats isnt the best webley ever because of that imo. Most powerfull maybe, but that doesnt make it the best webley. The Pat is a very rough rifle. To shoot, to cock, the trigger..The Lb/tommy's are very refined and much better at thése things. Ofcourse not as powerfull, but power is nothing without control! The Lb isnt even designed for FAC imo, max 13Ftp and 12 is even better. My FAC Tommy does 20Ftp in .22.
    The trigger of the Pat is nowhere near the Lb unit imo. Unless the Pats unit is getting really worn. Than it gets better, lighter. I prefer the Lb unit over the Record. The Pats..eehr, not.
    Its a large big heavy 'huntingrifle', the Pat, not refined. Imo the Lb is 1 of webley's best rifles. (mk3 and stingray are great too, and many say the omega)Sadly, the Tommy flopped. Logically, its designed for FAC not 12Ftp. I have several though, a FAC Tommy, a shortstroked 12Ftp Tommy, 2 Cobra's and a Patriot (and Eli) so I know my stuff!
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    I wasnt talking about powerlevels really, but overall quality and shootability. The Pats isnt the best webley ever because of that imo. Most powerfull maybe, but that doesnt make it the best webley. The Pat is a very rough rifle. To shoot, to cock, the trigger..The Lb/tommy's are very refined and much better at thése things. Ofcourse not as powerfull, but power is nothing without control! The Lb isnt even designed for FAC imo, max 13Ftp and 12 is even better. My FAC Tommy does 20Ftp in .22.
    The trigger of the Pat is nowhere near the Lb unit imo. Unless the Pats unit is getting really worn. Than it gets better, lighter. I prefer the Lb unit over the Record. The Pats..eehr, not.
    Its a large big heavy 'huntingrifle', the Pat, not refined. Imo the Lb is 1 of webley's best rifles. (mk3 and stingray are great too, and many say the omega)Sadly, the Tommy flopped. Logically, its designed for FAC not 12Ftp. I have several though, a FAC Tommy, a shortstroked 12Ftp Tommy, 2 Cobra's and a Patriot (and Eli) so I know my stuff!
    Thanks for that. I agree the Longbow is a lovely rifle and much more refined than the Patriot. I have limited experience with 'harsh' Patriots as mine is nicely tuned. Do I prefer it to the Eliminator? No I don't-if it wasn't for my shoulder I would still have the .20 Eliminator and not the Patriot. However, my Patriot was very modestly priced. is in superb condition and is shooting pretty well so all-in-all I am pretty happy.
    I am not a user of a magnum FAC springer as my prime gun-it is a backup and 'fun' rifle only. My main hunting air rifle is a Rapid and is likely to remain so as it is just so predictable, consistent and SO forgiving. With any of the magnum rifles you have GOT to be on top of your game or you will be spraying pellets everywhere and that isn't on when hunting living things.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

I dont shoot my magnums a lot either. No prob, no hunting here anyway..
    I mostly shoot 12Ftp, even 7.5J, even we dont have a powerlimit (yét). They're just very nice to shoot, and usually, its all the power you need.
    My Pat is internally virtually new, hasnt had a tin through it, from new. So its not tuned or civilised (yet)
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    I dont shoot my magnums a lot either. No prob, no hunting here anyway..

My Pat is internally virtually new, hasnt had a tin through it, from new. So its not tuned or civilised (yet)
    Then you need to shoot it into submission!
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223