Thread: Air leaking from Skan R32

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Air leaking from Skan R32

....Hmmm as above. I have just connected the Hills pump & as fast as i pump, air appears to be escaping from the barrel. It's a new 2nd hand purchase for me so i'm not too familiar with the Skan..Am i doing something wrong or have i buggered a seal or something? I first noticed at the gun club the other night, just as i was about to finish shooting & pack-up the gun just blew its remaining air out the barrel.
    Regards,
    Toecutter

BG is offline Does not have big teeth but will sing "Staying Alive"
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    ....Hmmm as above. I have just connected the Hills pump & as fast as i pump, air appears to be escaping from the barrel. It's a new 2nd hand purchase for me so i'm not too familiar with the Skan..Am i doing something wrong or have i buggered a seal or something? I first noticed at the gun club the other night, just as i was about to finish shooting & pack-up the gun just blew its remaining air out the barrel.
    Regards,
    Toecutter
    The Skan R32 has a detachable air bottle so I don't think this is what you own. It does sound like some seal(s) have blown. I think you need to contact Mike Childs at Skan to arrange for its repair.
    Gordon

Sounds like youve run the gun too low on air and the hammer spring has over come the remaining air pressure behind the valve and dumped .
    To refil from flat try cocking the action as it take the weight of the hammer spring off the valve before pumping like mad to get the valve shut . If that doesn`t work you need to fill it from a dive cylinder as the higher pressure will shut the valve better .

Quote Originally Posted by nutshot View Post
    Sounds like youve run the gun too low on air and the hammer spring has over come the remaining air pressure behind the valve and dumped .
    To refil from flat try cocking the action as it take the weight of the hammer spring off the valve before pumping like mad to get the valve shut . If that doesn`t work you need to fill it from a dive cylinder as the higher pressure will shut the valve better .
    Thanks, just tried it & nearly gave myself a heart attack pumping, with no result. I'll get the dive bottle filled tomorow & give that a whirl, it all sounds feasable
    Regards,
    Toecutter.

skan

hammer springs holding the ex valve open, as abouve cock it and then fill ,

How are you filling the R32 with the bottle attached to the gun? I can only fill mine with the bottle off the gun.

If it is dumping the air after you attach the bottle to the gun then the exhaust valve on the gun may be jambed or stuck. Try removing it and see if has seized. You will need some long nosed pliers to pull it out. Once out clean it and put it back and try the bottle again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    How are you filling the R32 with the bottle attached to the gun? I can only fill mine with the bottle off the gun.

If it is dumping the air after you attach the bottle to the gun then the exhaust valve on the gun may be jambed or stuck. Try removing it and see if has seized. You will need some long nosed pliers to pull it out. Once out clean it and put it back and try the bottle again.
    As Gixxer says ? To the best of my knowledge, the bottle has to be taken off to charge.