Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air leaking from Skan R32

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    they dont have a buddy bottle its an AA type cylinder with the AA QUICKFILL on the end
    A Skan R32 without a buddy bottle ?

My 2 Skans R32 / M32

In fact I don't think Ive ever seen a Skan r32 with an AA type cylinder on ??

JASON..
    lots of takedowns

skan

Quote Originally Posted by JJSTEALTH View Post
    A Skan R32 without a buddy bottle ?

My 2 Skans R32 / M32

In fact I don't think Ive ever seen a Skan r32 with an AA type cylinder on ??

JASON..
    neither have i,

Just thought on the r32 millenium did have a cylinder that went inside a wood stock,but they only made about 20 of those,

Still .. Im eager to live and learn

JASON..
    lots of takedowns

Hi Toecutter

Ok at least its getting somewhere, so it goes on now with air in, and when firing no pellet comes out but a puff of air comes from the loading area.

bigjob is right the barrel removal is easy, although it may be better to use a method that I am sure some wouldn't approve of but has never affected the accuracy of my barrels (still hit sh*t) take a very straight wire coat hanger thats been un-raveled remove the magazine, in the top of the mag rotator there is screws undo these and remove the pellet probe, watch for the magazine catch on the side, this gives you clear access to the barrel.

From the muzzle end insert said "Straight" coat hanger and gentle push the offending pellets out. Whilst checking have a look at the pellet probe seal as this can wear being push in & out of the barrel, if in good nick dab a bit of moly grease on it to assist protection.

Reassemble as reverse of above.

So if no blockage, bottle now doesn't leak and it fires you should be good to go you do get a slight puff of air when firing from the loading area but really its to slight to really notice.

I think the above is easier than removing the barrel. Of course make sure the bottle is off when doing the above You can never be to safe Ive learnt from bitter experience and fresh underwear specially when mine went of like a machine gun once !!

ATB
    Paul
    Last edited by kash2001; 19-12-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Still ill and theres snow everywhere !

Quote Originally Posted by JJSTEALTH View Post
    Just thought on the r32 millenium did have a cylinder that went inside a wood stock,but they only made about 20 of those,

Still .. Im eager to live and learn

JASON..
    thats the one my mate has
    think its a s200 cylinder with a quickfill

....Yup deffo pellets up the barrel but how many i wonder? By gum i reckon i put a few up there. I just extracted one which i saw protruding when i took the silencer off & now i can see another I'm wondering just how many more there are lurking Good job these forums are anonymous eh otherwise i'd need a new ID to avoid the p**S taking I'm going to carefully try the coat hanger trick before resorting to a lump hammer, vice & a welding rod (joking)

skan

hi it looks like your skan is a millenium after all! to see how many pellets you have stuck put a dowel down the barrell and see how far it goes down, put it on the outside to see what you have left and bingo, i use a piece of alloy rod to push them out (they can be tight!) sometimes ive had to heat the barrell up as well, but be carefull as too much heat will distort it, if your not sure and bearing in mind your rifle is a rare one it might be better to leave it to an expert!

All done thanks bigjob, 5 pellets stuck, i used a coathanger carefully. I'm so chuffed it's all good again with no serious expense. Thanks pal i owe you one
    Regards,
    Toecutter

Pleased you got it fixed toecutter, there great guns and amazingly accurate but pellets can be fiddly to load and watch for jams. Enjoy playing with it as there like marmite Love or Hate.

Bye for now

sniper22 Guest
    mine is a r32 speedster with walnut furniture on it. its got a thin cylinder fitted in the rear section with a purpose made sliding butt pad that uncovers a quickfill.
    its for sale at the moment too.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper22 View Post
    mine is a r32 speedster with walnut furniture on it. its got a thin cylinder fitted in the rear section with a purpose made sliding butt pad that uncovers a quickfill.
    its for sale at the moment too.
    Where int he sale section sniper22 as I've checked your post & can't see it there yet or am I being a bit premature as usual. As may be interested in one but would prefer black molded instead of wood, but hey if its right then could be interested.

ATB
    Paul

Question skan r32

can anyone help with a strip down guide for this gun and does anyone know where i can get hold of a aatype clyinder with a quick fill on thanks neil
    Last edited by neil1911; 18-12-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjob View Post
    ive sent you a strip guide, you can remove the barrel easily if pellets are stuck up there,if only one or two they will come out ok !
    Hi, Can you please advise on how to remove the barrel? I need to replace mine as someone has attacked it with a screw driver

ive serviced a few,even made/replaced a std barrel with one from a BSA
    if i recall the barrel is held in with 2 grub screws on the top pushing down into the frame
    they push down onto a brass spacer/oring at the breach (transfer port)end that seals it up

Quote Originally Posted by the logun-ator View Post
    ive serviced a few,even made/replaced a std barrel with one from a BSA
    if i recall the barrel is held in with 2 grub screws on the top pushing down into the frame
    they push down onto a brass spacer/oring at the breach (transfer port)end that seals it up
    Once the two grub screws are removed should the barrel slide out to the muzzle end?