Thread: Mk 2 Airsporter mounts???

Mk 2 Airsporter mounts???

Can anyone advise where I can get a set of what appear to be 16mm mounts to fit a Mk 2 Airsporter? I want to fit a 1" 4x32 scope to it, none of the mounts I have will fit it, I have the standard 12mm and 20mm

Any assistance appreciated

13mm dovetail mounts

Sportsmatch do these mounts. Their 2 piece medium mounts are model TO6 D/S and cost £21 from dealers such as Michael Tawn etc.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The wide 16mm mounts can be got from Knibbs I think, maybe Chambers. You can get some 11mm mounts and have them machined out if there is enough 'meat' in them. Right PIA size, as are the later 13.9mm Maxigrip rails. Why be awkward, BSA?

mounts

Thanks guys, so what exactly is the mount size I am looking for

Smile

Hmmm

Just bought THIS, it has open sights but i think i'll have to get a set of mounts too (along with a stock!!!)

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

mounts

Yep! thats exactly the same as the action in mine, (only yours is in far better condition) mine was a rust bucket basket case with a snapped stock, its getting there though...

Quote Originally Posted by auora5000 View Post
    Yep! thats exactly the same as the action in mine, (only yours is in far better condition) mine was a rust bucket basket case with a snapped stock, its getting there though...
    Could your stock be repaired??

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

stock

Yes John, just finished doing it, quite a common problem with the dovetailed wood that they use where it joins just in front of the pistol grip, I do wonder why they did this? use up bits of wood? a wood shortage maybe?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Ring John Knibbs and explain your requirement for the 15mm mounts for a Mk 2 Airsporter.

http://www.airgunspares.com/

He sells them for £25 plus £3 post. Early Meteors had the same peculiar arrangement.

mounts

Thank mate, I will give him a call...