Thread: the warrior pistol

the warrior pistol

also have one of these.the markings are ,made by ACCLES &SHELVOKE Ltd Birmingham.on one side.the other side has,F CLARXES PATEN Nos 351268,USA 538057 .any info appreciated, thanks.its a side pull.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    One of these was my first air pistol, great little gun tho trigger pull was awful but it shot well, in good nick they are worth a fair bit of dough.

any idea how old they are?, not really bothered of value it belonged to my father in law.

Mid to late 30's mine had a low 2000's number. Far less made than Webleys!

sounds like a second model, does it have a serial number on the fron butt strap?

These are nice classic pre war British air pistols, very collectable
    Morally flawed

Smile

yes it has the number 3917. what does that mean?

I would say it was probably a late one, i beleive there were no more than 3500 of them built but could be wrong!

Hillier gives serial numbers between 1176 and 57707 (presumably thats a typo for 5707 or similar), so yours sounds in the middle of the later model. They were made 31-39, so maybe yours would be about 36-37?
    Morally flawed

thanks for your info.will go nicely with the standard then

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Yes, about 6000 of the second series pistols were made. The highest serial number as yet on record is 5816. Yours would date from about 1935-36 (the series began in 1933 and ended in 1939). What is the calibre of your gun? The .22 version is very rare and none are yet on record with a serial number higher than 3334. If it is .22 then you can add a fair bit to the value.

The markings on the gun suggest that the gun was invented solely by Frank Clarke, and the British patent suggests that it was a joint design by Clarke and Edwin Anson. The reality is that it was designed solely by Anson and he sold the patent rights to Clarke in about 1930. Clarke then made the gun himself between 1930 and 1933 (the first series of the pistol with no serial number), and then transferred bulk manufacture to Accles and Shelvoke, well known Birmingham makers of humane captive-bolt cattle killers. The first series guns are much scarcer than the seconds series.

its 177,