Thread: Rifle that i would like to see

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Rifle that i would like to see

A long PCP in the form of a Percussion rifle (complete with hammer - lets say roller-breech loading for pellets) with a full-length brass telescopic sight, or with interesting irons, a bit like the rifle used in 'The Adventures of Baron Munchausen'.

That would be cool.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 21-12-2009 at 12:59 AM.

edbear2 Guest
    Have a mooch around on here

http://www.glbarnes.com/index10.html

Lots to see!!......

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Have a mooch around on here

http://www.glbarnes.com/index10.html

Lots to see!!......
    I can't work out if that stuff is beautiful or hideous! Fascinating though.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I can't work out if that stuff is beautiful or hideous! Fascinating though.
    It's certainly LOUD!!!!!!!!!!

And scary, if the old videos he had on there are still active.....I haven't had a good look on there for a couple of years.......there was a .45 that was doing one hole groups at 150 yards plus, and disintegrating solid blocks of wood at ranges beyond that......I think the .45 was making 600 pounds energy or more.......

I have found one video of him on youtube, shooting silhouettes at 65 yards with one of his guns.........I know these big bore guns are not to everyone's interest, but they are descendants in some ways of the original guns like the Girandoni, also the handmade, bespoke german guns made for wealthy discerning european sportsmen who wanted something different, and also the air canes seen so rarely working now.....The guy can make anything, and whilst I too think his style is a bit over the top, decoration wise, I am sure he could produce a tasteful, restrained, pneumatic Sharps/Ballard style civil war type sniper, with the full length sight you describe.

Gun Video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi4QpObR3VQ
    Last edited by edbear2; 21-12-2009 at 08:25 AM.

I would like to see a PCP version of the classic Remington model 70 series .

A classic bolt action rifle with no indication that it was an air rifle .

True the ISP rifles are close , but the bolt looks wrong to me . Too much 90%but still quite close to the ideal . Too expensive for me .

Also the new Daystate Huntsman is quite close but the air chamber beneath the barrel is still v noticeable.

I would like an air rifle with the pointability and simple pure lines of a centrefire rifle with no ugly air tube visible .

carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

The closest to a centrefire rifle (in an airgun) that I have shot-Logum Mk2 pro
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

keith66 is online now Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I too like the idea of an air rifle with classic centrefire rifle looks. I reckon one of the few to come close was the early Original model 50e, the later version had a boxier stock like a fat oar.
    What i keep thinking about is a rebuilt BSA standard with integral scope mounts, modern trigger unit mounted in a classic style walnut stock.
    Elegant lines not like something out of a Buck Rogers acid trip!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post

I too like the idea of an air rifle with classic centrefire rifle looks. I reckon one of the few to come close was the early Original model 50e, the later version had a boxier stock like a fat oar.

What i keep thinking about is a rebuilt BSA standard with integral scope mounts, modern trigger unit mounted in a classic style walnut stock. Elegant lines not like something out of a Buck Rogers acid trip!
    ... Speaking of which, hows that project rifle you showed me coming along ??? ... It looked lovely. Atb; G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

edbear2 Guest
    What i keep thinking about is a rebuilt BSA standard with integral scope mounts, modern trigger unit mounted in a classic style walnut stock.

That sounds like an airsporter

Only joking.......I have this on the "back burner" as well as an idea......

back to the centerfire "look".surely the anschutz / haenel trainers were the closest, but of course not full power, items

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...97290/sizes/l/

Although the Original / Diana Mod 50's are one of the most elegant air guns IMHO, as is the Mod 46.

Now to my eye this is also quite elegant with a sort of fullbore target rifle profile:

http://www.airrifle.co.za/picture.ph...pictureid=5617

It is an early FWB Model 300.

keith66 is online now Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    That FWB is not bad though too angular to my eyes.
    As for my project Webley Mk 3 i have been applying oil to the stock, one more coat over Chrimbo & it will be time to start scratching the chequering in!
    As to when i get it finished? must'nt rush it its been 15 years so far!
    Cheers Keith

I like the FWB 300 and the Original 50 was a beauty back in the day I remember seeing them on the gun racks at Guns International back in the 70,s with the target sights Diopter fitted . How elegant were they ?

I think that maybe the Parker Hale Phoenix was one of the bravest modern attempts at making something elegant and different . and look what happened to THAT !!

Nobody bought them .

But I liked the idea of the bottle concealed in the stock , and what an elegant and handsome rifle it was . Only the nasty underlever loading mech spoiled it imo .

Oh for a simple bolt action , or even some kind of hybrid spring loaded bolt mech , like you see on modern UK spec full bore centrefires : pull back and release .

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "