Thread: Mk2 BSA Airsporter (.22)

Mk2 BSA Airsporter (.22)

Could anyone please give a valuation on this rifle. It has been sympathetically restored from a reasonably hard life over the last 50 years or so!.

The stock has been repaired, ( very good repair job ) it has the original open sights, even has the foresight protector.

It also sports the original BSA stamped 4x20 scope, ( made in Japan) the optics are really quite clear considering their age.

There is even an original canvass & leather slip.

The bluing is not present, just a rich brownish patina consistent with age. there is no rust or pitting on the gun at all.

Its had a major service, cocks and fires very sweetly, (no twang). It likes Powa Pels, ( lord knows why) and is putting them out at a very healthy 9 ft lbs.

None of the screws have been butchered and as can be seen has a nicely grained stock.

Bsa

No BSA experts out there today???

Price guess

I am not an expert but i would say that taking the age and conditon into account somewhere between £175.00 and £225.00

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    There are alot of Mk IIs around, I would put the price with the interesting scope included at about £130.

Airsporter

I would suggest £100-£120 bearing in mind the stock repair and the lack of blue on the metalwork. Good point is that the gun has both its original sights, these must be worth £40 to someone. The jap scope may be worth £20 to a collector. how much for the canvas and leather slip? I am talking it up for you!

Mike95

mk2

Thanks for the advice guys