Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 10 metre rifle

Which 10 metre rifle

Good evening, i am looking for a 10 metre target rifle for up to £300 max ,preferably less.

What would you all recommend!!!

Anybody got any good rifles out there for sale, or where do i look?.

Thanks

Forgot i would rather not have a break barrel

FWB 300 i'd say... 600's also sell for around that now and then, and that would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    FWB 300 i'd say... 600's also sell for around that now and then, and that would be even better.
    Have you got one Rob? 4 sale

If it's got to be a break barrel, to be reasonably competitive then it's the Original/Diana 65 or 66.

The 66 has a deeper for-end & would be a better bet imo.

Pay £250 max for a serviced one in good condition, £125 max for one well used requiring a service.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The Walther LG55 is also a very fine 10m break-barrel, available for about half your budget. I'm not selling mine!

You would have to be a very good shooter to need something better!

Sorry you misread, i would prefer NOT to have a break barrel

the 300's and 600's aren't

the 300 is a sidelever single stroke recoiless springer

the 600 is a sidelever single stroke pnuematic

Hi

An alternative would be a Walther LGR, single stroke pneumatic fixed barrel, usually sell for between 200 and 300.
    Mine is not for sale but someone at my club is selling one, pm me if you are interested and I will put you in contact.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Original 75, one owner

This is £260, seems like a good choice...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384234

I have been informed it will probably require a reseal at around £60 - £70

Is it a breakbarrel?

Original 75 is side lever. A very good quality 10m rifle. In your price range, you can consider the Original 75, Walther LGR, FWB300 and FWB600. All great quality rifles that will last forever with proper maintenance and always having a strong resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    This is £260, seems like a good choice...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384234
    I sent Camcol a message and his reply was

"I dont know --- but it would be best to play safe and show NO FURTHER INTEREST IN IT".

So my search continues

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

75? Superb Rifle, my wife used one as a member of the GB ladies squad in the early 80's. They are a bit complex for bodgers and the mechanics can fall foul of them, Fine if untouched or only by real experts, but if it has been serviced by the blacksmith brigade it can be a problem. If as claimed he's had it from new and its untouched it should be OK, they don't break, the only problem could be seals dying of old age. LGR's are also superb (its what she changed to and still has) but seals need to be good as they also die of old age and can be a bit tricky to get. Probably a FWB 300 is a beter bet for a first rifle.
    Best regards
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    If as claimed he's had it from new and its untouched it should be OK, they don't break, the only problem could be seals dying of old age.
    If camcoll says he's had it from new and it's mint then you can bet your bottom dollar it'll be exactly that Robin.

But I agree with you that there's a chance that the seals have crumbled, or are in danger of crumbling, from age and lack of use. Because of the risk of serious damage to the complex opposing piston mechanism if the seals have indeed dried, the safest course of action would be to have them examined and if necessary replaced by a competent gunsmith. DM80 on here is an expert in these rifles and did an excellent job of resealing my Diana 75.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

If there is a competant guy who could replace the seals this would be a reasonable investment and a decent rifle as a starter at 10 mts as long as you accept that this is an 70/80's rifle and has the slower lock time associated with those rifles. If you wish to progress, as Rob suggests a FWB 600 series is a more modern and better rifle probably only because of the lock times, but you will need to search long and hard to find one closer to your budget. That said we think my wife was shooting into the 380's on the same targets as now with a 75, and shot no better with an LGR. She'd be delighted to shoot those scores now!
    Best regards
    Robin