Quote Originally Posted by mustntgrumble View Post
Sorry you misread, i would prefer NOT to have a break barrel
Ooops, yes I did, sorry!

The Walther LGR Match is a fine rifle, the seals are easy to get hold of, Walther still make them. The biggest problem would be the cost of replacing the piston if the seal gave up. Piston seals are bonded to the piston & I believe not available as separate units from Walther, although I believe someone in Australia does make a seal to fit. I have one in for a new piston now.

FWB have not made spares for the 300s for at least a couple of years. Spares are by no means scarce though, these guns are a bit more complicated than the LGR.

The 75 seems to have been covered quite well by others. Spares are available, although a bit pricey in the UK. More complicated than the FWB 300s to work on but by no means rocket science, I have one requiring a new front piston, £77 & a bit trade plus VAT when I enquired, Ouch!

The FWB 600 is a fine rifle, it does have one one weak point never really corrected until the 601 appeared. That is the cocking linkage is prone to break & is expensive to replace with the modified unit which itself is not foolproof. Spares tend to be a bit expensive. Don't get me wrong, I have a 600 bought from new in the eighties & it's been bullet proof.

Hammerli 450, if fitted with the modified action by Hammerli, is in my opinion the best of the lot & most reliable. the action is composite, the cocking is by "over lever" & it's pneumatic for those not familiar. The down side is the stock's a bit "plankish" (mine is fitted with an Alcraft made to measure custom stock) although seals can easily be sourced other parts cannot, Walther, who took Hammerli over, do not have any 450 spares at all.

Accuracy, that's a moot point, they are all accurate with the right pellet.