Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park RH91 / 93 / 93 800-Information / advice

Park RH91 / 93 / 93 800-Information / advice

Hello esteemed and venerated members of the Collectors section:

I have suddenly developed an unhealthy interest in these fine British rifles. Any Information / photographs or just general chat about them on here would help to feed my new found addiction

Who has one?
    Who can post photo's of their own beloved models?

Who will sell me a Park RH93 in glorious .177..arrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!. Phew. Sorry guys, almost lost it for a moment back there

Graham
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Errrr .... didnt you sell me one a couple of years ago?

It was very powerful. It had a slightly creepy trigger mechanism, and the blade was an odd shape, too curved like a BSF. It was superbly made to a very high standard of engineering, lovely walnut stock. It was quite heavy. Cocking it was not difficult, but certainly strenuous, not suitable for long plinking sessions. It was completely recoilless, nothing happened at all except the pellet zapped out the muzzle.

I sold it to Jon Budd, as I found my Air Arms TX200SR was better balanced, had a nicer trigger, and was easy to strip and maintain.

Then I got a ProSport with a Venom Stage 1 kit in it and found that was equally as accurate as the TX200SR while being lighter and less complex, so I sold the SR.

So the answer is: if you want a Park, buy a ProSport.

The Park is a superb rifle but the trigger is not great and stripping it is a PIA. A little more development would have made it unbeatable. Jon Budd seems to have got very good at stripping and fettling them, I think he has two, best to ask him if you need mechanical details. I think the 'O' ring for the piston can be replaced with one off a BSA Airsporter, but the mainspring and secondary spring I think maybe need to be POK! one-offs. He seemed to think that the necessity of balancing the springs and pistons was a bit of a myth, and that they are not that difficult to work on. They are alot more trouble than AA or HW guns to disassemble though.

There's my tuppence!
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 23-12-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Thankyou for your input No-I am afraid I am innocent of the crime of selling you a creepy trigger version
    I shot JB's Park at Cobham on several occassions-probably what planted the seed...

Merry Christmas mate

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Thankyou for your input No-I am afraid I am innocent of the crime of selling you a creepy trigger version
    I shot JB's Park at Cobham on several occassions-probably what planted the seed...

Merry Christmas mate
    Same here Graham , nice wasn't it I watched your latest purchase with interest mate . lol

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post

Merry Christmas mate
    Well I regretted the sale a couple of times ... it was a nice short rifle, if a bit heavy. Quite ugly though, a bit like a PCP! It has a very solid feel to it, much more so than a Whiscombe. They tend to come up about twice a year on the BBS, and tend to be rather expensive. However, springs and seals aside, they really are collectors rifles you can shoot every day, probably til you die, there is NO WAY you will be able to wear one out.

Merry Christmas!

Hi Graham check out my web site www.springgunshooter.co.uk and under the adverts tab are a couple of old adverts for the 91 and 93.

Cheers Dean
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Thanks Dean You still shooting mate?

All lies matter

Park RH93 CS800

I have one of these and to put your mind at rest(on this one at least) it is not for sale
    It does all it is claimed to do, i.e. shoot pellets with an uncanny recoiless action and accurately too. I can live with an imperfect trigger and odd-ball cocking arm and weight, but this gun is primarily about being a recoiless accurate springer.

I wanted a 177 originally but when this one came along in 22 flavour, I just had to have it, I thought the 177 barrel issue could be solved later...
    And so it was, an HW 177 barrel suitably turned down from 16mm to 15mm and a bolt to fit and hey presto,my wishes were fulfilled.
    Mechanically they are very strong guns and I personally find that stripping one down is not half as difficult as is often made out. The pre load is well within normal limits, it is just that one has to be methodical and use a spring compressor because the chain is under tension even when the gun is not cocked.

Hats off to its designer and I honestly think its our (springer users) loss that they are not produced anymore.
    Follow this thread posted a few months ago.It has more detailed info and pics about these great guns.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388596

Cheers, happy Christmas and a happy New Year to you and everyone on here.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by dvd View Post
    I have one of these and to put your mind at rest(on this one at least) it is not for sale
    It does all it is claimed to do, i.e. shoot pellets with an uncanny recoiless action and accurately too. I can live with an imperfect trigger and odd-ball cocking arm and weight, but this gun is primarily about being a recoiless accurate springer.

I wanted a 177 originally but when this one came along in 22 flavour, I just had to have it, I thought the 177 barrel issue could be solved later...
    And so it was, an HW 177 barrel suitably turned down from 16mm to 15mm and a bolt to fit and hey presto,my wishes were fulfilled.
    Mechanically they are very strong guns and I personally find that stripping one down is not half as difficult as is often made out. The pre load is well within normal limits, it is just that one has to be methodical and use a spring compressor because the chain is under tension even when the gun is not cocked.

Hats off to its designer and I honestly think its our (springer users) loss that they are not produced anymore.
    Follow this thread posted a few months ago.It has more detailed info and pics about these great guns.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388596

Cheers, happy Christmas and a happy New Year to you and everyone on here.
    David
    Many Thanks David
    How about 350 posted

All lies matter

He He He, or should that be HO HO HO at this time of the year...
    Thanks, but no thanks.
    Good luck in your quest

get a whiscombe!

hi there,
    if i was you i would go for a whiscombe as they dont have that horrible bike chain inside.the tx200sr is an excellent rifle also but for me it would have to be the mk1 without the beartrap.
    atb
    steve
    (whiscombe/TX200sr owner)

Hiya mate:

I have owned an SR-Lovely rifle but I have fancied being a Park owner for years
    Re: Whiscombes-the pinnacle of spring rifle technology-unfortunately well out of my price range, I would be afraid to take it out into the field

Well-today I became the proud owner of an RH91 sporter in .22.

Merry Christmas all

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    hi there,
    if i was you i would go for a whiscombe as they dont have that horrible bike chain inside.the tx200sr is an excellent rifle also but for me it would have to be the mk1 without the beartrap.
    atb
    steve
    (whiscombe/TX200sr owner)
    What is wrong and horrible about a chain being used to link two pistons together?
    Chains are used in a wide variety of mechanical applications and I can say they work just as brilliantly and reliably in the Park rifle.
    Having shot both the Whiscombe and the Park, its hard to tell them apart recoilwise even though they use different dynamics to achieve that result.

I love mine; its a 91 with all the 93 extras. Sadly not walnut. The most accurate springer and most forgiving in my collection.
    http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...IMG_3967_2.jpg

Park Docs

Hi,

I have posted this info before but you may not have found it.. I have a manual (A4 trifold) scanned to a PDF and a PDF of the US patent as well as a few pics of my Park .177 I'll happily email them to you if are interested. I used to have website with them on but it vanished when I moved from a NTL cabled street to a BT/wet string broadband village.

Rifle not for sale as I like the engineering even though it is a bit heavy. Power is 10.5 with Superdomes.

Glad you bagged a model for yourself.

Regards,

Steve