Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Park RH91 / 93 / 93 800-Information / advice

Thats great Steve-PM sent
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Thumbs up Update!!!!

Just to update this thread:

I am now the proud owner of a Lovely RH91 .22 Sport, I have refinished the stock a much deeper Walnut colour..

and

As of today, It has been joined by a fabulous .177 FT model, in a beautiful Walnut custom stock. I intend to set both of these guns up very soon and will give a full report on their behaviour

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Just to update this thread:

It has been joined by a fabulous .177 FT model, in a beautiful Walnut custom stock. I intend to set both of these guns up very soon and will give a full report on their behaviour
    How the hell did you find an ft model?... I couldn't find a 177 for years ... ended up getting a whiscombe, but still want a park...

Can't wait to hear about it....
    Alex

Hiya-its the .177 model in a CS800 stock-and a beautiful piece of wood it is too

I did an extensive search on the BBS and emailed a member who had posted about the rifle ages ago. I contacted him, and he very kindly agreed to sell it for a reasonable price.

I suspect both my parks will benefit from a service-I need to track down a competent Airgunsmith for this-any reccomendations??
    Last edited by Baxterbasics; 28-01-2010 at 09:03 PM.

All lies matter

Didn't Roy post on here not so long ago?... I couldn't imagine anyone better to service it...

I E-mailed Roy-he very kindly replied with some good advice

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    I E-mailed Roy-he very kindly replied with some good advice
    Did he give any advice on what problems to look for when buying second hand? Any hints on improving the trigger?

I am looking for one in 177 and would like to know anyy possible problems... I heard that 177 never reached 12ftlbs.. Is this true?

Thnks
    Alex

Park rifle

Hi all

I sold this rifle on this site a little while back for £350 took a while to sell, with a 3 x 7 x32 bushnell scope, soft case and all paper work including handbook set of barrel cleaning rods, 3 tins pellets,targets etc, the person that owned the rifle has died and his uncle who is not a shooter is selling the rifle for the family. The rifle and scope are in very near mint condition tiny marks under the blade of the stock hardly noticible you have got to look for them, metal work mint the only down side is the silencer is heavily marked looks as if someone has had a grips on it to remove it it could be resprayed, , it also has the original box it was delivered in.

Cal .22 Serial No 1029

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture019.jpg
    http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture016.jpg
    http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture015.jpg

Jim

So these things are pretty indestructable? Anychance of the trigger failing as it must be holding back an awful lot of pressure?

Is it like the Whiscombe, where firing it empty is fatal for the gun?

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Hi all

I sold this rifle on this site a little while back for £350 took a while to sell, with a 3 x 7 x32 bushnell scope, soft case and all paper work including handbook set of barrel cleaning rods, 3 tins pellets,targets etc, the person that owned the rifle has died and his uncle who is not a shooter is selling the rifle for the family. The rifle and scope are in very near mint condition tiny marks under the blade of the stock hardly noticible you have got to look for them, metal work mint the only down side is the silencer is heavily marked looks as if someone has had a grips on it to remove it it could be resprayed, , it also has the original box it was delivered in.

Cal .22 Serial No 1029

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture019.jpg
    http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture016.jpg
    http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture015.jpg

Jim
    Hi Jim

Links to pics don't seem to work!

ATVB
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Quote Originally Posted by albrown View Post
    Is it like the Whiscombe, where firing it empty is fatal for the gun?
    Alex,

On the Mk2 JW it isn't 'fatal' although not recommended, what is 'fatal' is cocking it with a pellet up the barrel and the breech closed, that way no air gets in and the pistons collide in a vacuum with no air cushion between them.

Sorry, I can't advise on the Park as I have never had one. Like you, I was after the RH93 in .177, but with having the JW I didn't think I needed one. I did hear that the trigger is not as good as the JW unit though, however it is improved on the 93.

Cheers,

Piotr

park

Hi all,
    The .177`s did struggle to reach 12ft/lbs and normally sit at around 10.5ft/lbs.When buying inspect the chain inside as it has been known to jam up.I witnessed this a good few years ago when a park jammed with the underlever cocked at full stroke.
    Go for a whiscombe.......
    ATB
    Steve

theres one

hi theres a park for sale on shootingshack

Hi all, desperately searching for someone to service my Park Rh91 .22. I noticed that there are a few Park owners on this thread. If anyone knows of / has found a good gunsmith that is experienced with these rare beasties, then Id love to hear. Thanks in advance
    https://www.walnut.black

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    There is a lovelly-looking .177 RH91 on Gunstar in Cheshire at the moment, its £450 though ... nothing to do with me although I was tempted.

In terms of power, my RH91 was right on the legal limit in .177. They are full-power rifle.