Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What was your luckiest air gun deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulverston View Post
    NEVER had a bargain! Been hoping for a .177 Mercury for oooh let me think-YEARS!!! Nope nothing, not a bean-2010 is going to be the year for all of us though...this time next year we are all going to .....
    these are not that rare .are they?

harry mac is online now You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Rifles from that period suffer from the old 22's are best syndrome. They were made in 177, but the smaller calibre never sold all that well. I think that's a hangover from before the 1968 firearms act which introduced the 12ftlb limit. Previous to that airguns had a 600fps muzzle velocity limit, which meant that 177 rifles were at a distinct disadvantage.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

worst for me i sold my airsporter .177 which was mint to my local gun shop for £45

never trust a shop when they say"no body uses these anymore its all pcp now"

you live and learn
    how does it work? i don`t know but it does

luck

i got a hw50 for £25 and a gecado mod 27 dated 1953 for £19 and a em-ge lp3 mint boxed with all tools and papers for £50 .
    HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

I used to travel around all the old gun shops around my area and further away . i went into one old gun dealers cellar and bought a few bsa`s underlevers and then asked if he had any old rubbish for bits and he loaded the boot up .when i got home to show my grandfather my loot we sorted it out and the £100 i paid for the so called rubbish turned out to very rare pieces, a 25 bsa underlever and a dolphin air rifle.
    i did this for years and these where my 2 cheapest finds.

regards and a happy new year.