Thread: Help with finding a wood stock Daisy

Help with finding a wood stock Daisy

Hi,
    has anyone come across a Daisy 880 or similar with a wood stock? I know that there used to be a target type which was low powered but was the normal Daisy released with wooden furniture at any point? Does anyone collect these (I have to admit to owning two!). I have checked the Blue book of airguns but its not really of much help.
    Thanks in advance.

According to Walter's Airgun Book (the 84 and 87 editions) there was the 851 (introduced 1983, discontinued by 1987) which was a single stroke pneumatic with a one-piece wooden stock, this was though of "sporting" style although it did form the basis for the model 953 Match Target.

In 1986 the 920 and 970 were introduced, in .22" and .177" respectively, which were multi-stroke pneumatics with separate butt and fore-end (and with a separate pump lever in the fore-end) and fed from a 5-shot magazine. Quite how long they remained in production, though, I don't know.

He doesn't illustrate either of these models but of the 920, in comparison to the synthetic stocked 922, he does make the comment that "it has lost the subtle elegance of the original plastic version" - presumably the wooden stock didn't have the chequering, cheekpiece or comb of the synthetic stock.

Iain

Thanks Iain,
    I will have to buy that book! I have never seen one and would like to buy one just out of curiosity! If anyone has one at a reasonable price....?

daisy 880

Did you get my email regarding, the model 889 Info ?

Hi Brdrew-no sorry I did not recieve an email? My email is carlulverston@hotmail.co.uk I will check again to see if its arrived-I would greatly appreciate any information etc as I have a couple and rather like them but know nothing, these guns are cheap enough for me to collect and I had them as a kid which has sparked my interest!
    Thanks

I have one in pieces and perhaps another donor gun somewhere

Theres a new wood stock and forend and a chromed barrel

I'll never finish that one too many other projects so there might be a deal to be done

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

I would be very interested Richard? Please could you pm me with some details.
    Thanks

Hi brdrew, I have now read your email thanks. I have spent sometime floating around the Daisy museum which is now on my favourites list-thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulverston View Post
    I would be very interested Richard? Please could you pm me with some details.
    Thanks
    It'll take some time to sort out its been in my old workshop at my fathers for at least 10 years now along with dozens of other bits and pieces.

I'll dig it all out next time I'm over, dont let me forget

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.