Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana 6 and model 10 pistols

Diana 6 and model 10 pistols

Whats yr opinion on these recoilless pistols? Any experiences?
    ATB,
    yana

Thumbs up Mod 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    superbly accurate, but a bit of a sod to maintain, though
    major work only after several thousand shots, generally highly recommended,
    atb...mike...

Hi there.I have the original 6m pistol, which i beleive is the same as the diana.In my opinion it's the best pistol i have ever owned,i also owned a fwb 65 and had to sell one so the fwb65 was sold,thats how highly i rate the original 6m.

If you buy an Original 6 and want to use it in ISSF comps then make sure the trigger is at least 500g in pull-weight. I have one with an excessively light trigger but the trigger-adjustment screws were worn and did not work. Apparently, that is not an uncommon problem with those pistols so check before purchase. Apart from that they are very good pistols; well-finished and accurate.

Thnx. As far as I could tell from pics the 10 has a different trigger as the 6?
    More match?
    The 6's trigger looks more like the 1 on my old LP5 magnum..
    Isnt the GISS system reliable?
    I know they're a pain in the but to work on..
    ATB,
    yana

Thumbs up Re: 6M or 10M

I love my 6M Diana
    The original seals tend to turn into mush after around 8-10 years
    However the new seals I do think will have a much better longivity to them as synthetics are improved over the years

I just got back from Umarex my 6M & all I can say is I sure love my baby
    It is the smoothest shooting pistol.
    I had the chance way back when to either get the 10M or the 6M
    I shot both & both are very very nice however for the money I just had to get the 6M. I could not shoot any better with the 10M than I could with the 6M so it was obvious

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Mike
    I don't drive fast. I just fly low

I have a 6M and the brother in law has a 10. The main components are identical so they shoot pretty much the same. They are very accurate, totally recoilless and a delight to shoot. The 10 has more adjustable features; the trigger is a better 'Match' design, the grip is adjustable (not many 6Ms are about with the anatomical walnut grip, mine, for instance, is plastic but fortunately fits my hand well) and the rear of the model 10 cylinder has an eccentric sleeve that you can rotate to reduce the gap above your hand under the cylinder for a snug fit. The 10 has provision for a barrel weight under the fore end of the barrel shroud, only the last of the 6Ms had this unless they have been retrofitted with a model 10 shroud.
    Both models have the same adjustable sights and near identical performance. They have a reputation for being difficult to work on but I have stripped mine without difficulty. There are a couple of illustrated stripping guides on the internet and any competent gunsmith should be able to service one.
    Given the choice which one would I have? The 10 if they were the same price, just because it has more things to play with; if the 10 were marked up because of it's perceived higher spec. I'd choose the 6 and save some money. They really are that similar.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

The 6M's trigger is the same as the LP5 magnum? Looks like it..
    The grip looks the same as well.
    Are there wooden grips available for the 6M?
    I know the early one's had wood..
    ATB,
    yana

Does a Diana 10 grip fit a 6M pistol? And the 10 shroud? Does it fit the 6M?
    ATB,
    yana

Don't know about the grips but I would think they'd fit.

I've not handled a 10, but I think the 10 shroud is identical to the 6M's.
    If you meant would a 10 shroud fit a 6G (hooded foresight) then I don't think so. The barrel is machined differently.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

I have a well used Mod 6m in desperate need of a full service, new seals etc, can you still get bits for them and who is best to talk to about servicing.

Does a Diana 10 grip fit a 6M pistol?
    No, the frames are different.

And the 10 shroud? Does it fit the 6M?
    Yes, the barrel shrouds are identical, I have just fitted a model 10 one to my 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    I've not handled a 10, but I think the 10 shroud is identical to the 6M's.
    If you meant would a 10 shroud fit a 6G (hooded foresight) then I don't think so. The barrel is machined differently.
    I agree, the shroud will not accomodate the hooded foresight arrangement of the 6 or 6G.

Quote Originally Posted by rick View Post
    I have a well used Mod 6m in desperate need of a full service, new seals etc, can you still get bits for them and who is best to talk to about servicing.
    Google Frank Dyke for their phone number, they are in London and have some bits for the 6M and 10. They don't take credit cards but sent my bits the same day they received my order with a cheque. They didn't even wait for it to clear. Very helpful dealer.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

They are not as difficult to service as legend has it. Take your time and take care. Be careful not to damage the front seal as you push it back in. Excellent pistols.

Thumbs up Frank Dyke

I can also heartily recommend Frank Dyke . Because I live only a few miles from them I popped over with my 6M. Really nice and helpful bloke who re-sealed and lubed while I waited for what I thought was a very reasonable cost.
    Cheers . Alan

Hi, I have both ! Buy one, You be dissapointed. Ged.
    http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture046.jpg