Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Santa would bring you any BP or ML pistol...

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

If Santa would bring you any BP or ML pistol...

...you wanted: antique or newly made, black powder or nitro: costs, legality, cabinet space, wife's complaints, etc. don't matter: what one do you want? Why?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

The revolvers used by British officers Gonville and Chard at Rourke's Drift in 1879. With papers that prove their provenance. That would be a very lucrative present indeed....Seriously, a nice old Webley or Tranter revolver boxed with all the kit. Have a Merry Christmas, Jim.

An original Baker rifle

manxmangt is offline Running Dog Lackey Of Capitalist Imperialism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphoon View Post
    The revolvers used by British officers Gonville and Chard at Rourke's Drift in 1879.
    Sorry but it was Bromhead and Chard, Gonville Bromhead.
    Last edited by manxmangt; 26-12-2009 at 03:55 PM.
    diligentia didat quid utilius

Brocock Contour .22, HW95 .177, Gamo Coyote .177

hi jim ,seasons greetings all,i would like a flintlock 7 barrel volley gun by henry nock made for the british navy for clearing sharpshooters from the rigging[as used by sergeant harper in the sharpe series]and i would want to shoot it! 7 x .50cal all at once would be interesting..cheers ..greasemonkey

The Mauser pistol carried by Winston Churchill in the Sudan and his .45 Thompson, presented to him in WW2, Sheer bliss, when men were men!!! Not ruled by this shower of absolute tossers.

Quote Originally Posted by martindl99 View Post
    The Mauser pistol carried by Winston Churchill in the Sudan and his .45 Thompson, presented to him in WW2, Sheer bliss, when men were men!!! Not ruled by this shower of absolute tossers.
    Neither are black powder or muzzleloaders: but I get your point!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi jim ,seasons greetings all,i would like a flintlock 7 barrel volley gun by henry nock made for the british navy for clearing sharpshooters from the rigging[as used by sergeant harper in the sharpe series]and i would want to shoot it! 7 x .50cal all at once would be interesting..cheers ..greasemonkey

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by manxmangt View Post
    Sorry but it was Bromhead and Chard, Gonville Bromhead.
    Either way, I'd also love to own them.

Jim

I'd like a pair of nice modern beaumont adams repros, preferably reproduced by purdey or similar, in a nice leather and wood case with all the accessories.
    'Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts'

Sorry Jim, lost the thread. To much drink, Xmas and all that!.My choice would be General Custers handguns. Would they qualify???

My choice would be General Custers handguns. Would they qualify???
    I think I'd go for Prince Rupert's hand guns, and I'd blooming well shoot them as soon as I could find a weather cock

Quote Originally Posted by John Bedford View Post
    An original Baker rifle
    I've got one of them. The price was eye watering but I've had lots of fun shooting it and it's probably already worth more than I paid for it

Smile Ratgunner

Hi Jim,

Dream Gun would be a boxed .45 Luger one of very few made for the US Army to trial but lost out to the Colt,

Black powder Dream Gun would be either a Dragoon Colt or Navy Colt both cap and ball,

Almost as big as me, but such a satisfying KaBoom!

Sorry Jim, lost the thread. To much drink, Xmas and all that!.My choice would be General Custers handguns. Would they qualify???
    That's a good question! I'll have to check and see what he was carrying at Little Big Horn.

Jim