Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zoraki hp01--webley alecto??????

zoraki hp01--webley alecto??????

just looked at the zoraki 01 on google this looks like its the webley alecto am i correct ?? is the new webley just a rebadged turkish pistol ??? glad i have not managed to get one yet

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    Yes, the webley alecto is the zoraki. This has been discused at length in the forum, and while i still feel the price is high for a turkish made pistol, initial reviews from owners have been very promising.
    Last edited by Chewy; 02-01-2010 at 03:16 PM.
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

my mate reckons these are half the price of the webley also he says that there are already some for sale on foreign forums i know we cant buy form abroad but why sell such a new pistol already anyway was going to get one of these but just bought an hw40 from here today i will settle with that instead as i only shoot targets anyway

I've seen the HP01 on sale online from Turkey for £30-40 less than Webley are asking for the 'Alecto', I'd guess it could be got a bit cheaper than that from shops in Turkey if you shopped around.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    You can buy from the EU mail order, the face to face rule does not apply in such transactions, it is explicitly excluded from the 2006 Act, you will need to provide proof of age, most accept a scan of your passport.
    Best regards
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by claude View Post
    my mate reckons these are half the price of the webley also he says that there are already some for sale on foreign forums i know we cant buy form abroad but why sell such a new pistol already anyway was going to get one of these but just bought an hw40 from here today i will settle with that instead as i only shoot targets anyway
    Why do you believe that we can't buy from abroad?

There is nothing at all to stop you from buying outside the UK apart from the language barrier and the possibility of being ripped off. If you purchase from a reputable and established overseas dealer and use Babelfish to translate web content, it's perfectly legal and do-able.

Back to the OP, I don't care if the Alecto was made in Timbuctu. Having comprehensively "tested" one at the UBC meet, I can tell you that it is very well engineered, it's more accurate than I'll ever be, and it shoots like a dream.

Hope that helps.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Why do you believe that we can't buy from abroad?

There is nothing at all to stop you from buying outside the UK apart from the language barrier and the possibility of being ripped off.

Hope that helps.
    You can buy from the US, Mike. MOST of the time, American English speakers and English English speakers can understnd one another!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    You can buy from the US, Mike. MOST of the time, American English speakers and English English speakers can understnd one another!

Jim
    Nice one Jim
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

Jim
    Indeed Jim, but usually the shipping costs make for expensive purchases.

Thumbs up

hi today i actually got to hold and fire a zoraki my mate was so intrigued since seeing bbs which he never knew existed that he got in touch with a chap that happens to own a zoraki they came round mine today the chap in mention bought it in estonia for £90 it looks identical to pics of the webley as thats all ive seen of the webley it looks well made and shoots great so it looks like these may make their way over here after all if they are all as good as this one i shall be looking for one depending on price of course as i would expect it to be cheaper without the webley badge but the case and everything else looks the same as the webley he would not sell it though [bloody shame]but we shall see what the new year brings!!!!

Interesting. I remember ordering 15 CZ 5 shot mag's for S200's from CZ and the postage was £59 Euro's. That was when the pound was strong, so I don't think you would save much importing one, if anything.

From CZ you don't pay any import duty as they are in the EU, but from Turkey you would.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

hi mate he has a house in estonia so he goes over quite often thats how he got it but he said they are not that easy to find there either not sure how he got it here though you could hardly just put it in your suitcase could you?????????

It's €160.00 EUR on This site, so call it £144.00. However, shipping costs are €30.00 EUR (say £27.00) which brings the price up to £171.00.

With the atrocious exchange rate against the Euro we are currently suffering, it's probably a lot less hassle to buy the branded Webley from your local gunshop.

Ah, well.

tried that nobody seems to have one in my area

Thumbs up Alecto

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    It's €160.00 EUR on This site, so call it £144.00. However, shipping costs are €30.00 EUR (say £27.00) which brings the price up to £171.00.

With the atrocious exchange rate against the Euro we are currently suffering, it's probably a lot less hassle to buy the branded Webley from your local gunshop.

Ah, well.
    Whats in a badge guys?? most things are badge engineered these days (inc cars) tried the Alecto Thur's @ the club managed 361/400 just 3 points behind my tau7 target version, which makes the Alecto look damn good
    @ my club my scores are just average so others may well have done better...mike...