Thread: Air rifle cylinder laws?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

spare cylinder would be vry handy

just reading what you all say about reservoir cylinders. i think its down 2 yourself . if its old and tattered do you want it blowing up in yours or even worse your lads face as shot is taken. i think not could do with some advice though. cant find a site with price of spare karbine cylinder, for those long days with dogs out. any help welcome thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by geeroffmiland View Post
    just reading what you all say about reservoir cylinders. i think its down 2 yourself . if its old and tattered do you want it blowing up in yours or even worse your lads face as shot is taken. i think not could do with some advice though. cant find a site with price of spare karbine cylinder, for those long days with dogs out. any help welcome thanks.
    what rifle is the cylinder for???

Red face air cylinders

Gents i read with great interest: It is my undertanding that air cylinders are not subject to pressure testing as they are under 1/2 litre capacity as already mentioned test pressure are at least 340 bar for a 200 bar fill
    If you have ever charged a cylinder you will know that they get hot this is what is known as parelstatic heating and over a period of time can weaken large cylinders.
    Large cyliders are subject to a 5 year test regardless of materials used for thier construction.
    Steel cylinders have no life span and are good until the test station says othewise
    Composite cylinders must be scrapped at year 15 regardless of condition
    Oh one last thing please remember you get.
    Air in cylinders
    Soldiers in tanks
    Milk in bottles
    Sorry gents!!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogs View Post
    parelstatic
    Have another shot at that one please, the word doesn't seem to exist,
    Sorry Fella!
    Nick

Answer can be found here though,

http://www.physicsforums.com/archive...p/t-39446.html

Enjoy!
    Last edited by magicniner; 01-01-2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Add link