Thread: "Haenel Mod 1" (FOR VALUATION PLEASE)

"Haenel Mod 1" (FOR VALUATION PLEASE)

Could anybody give me a valuation on this rifle please? It is a Haenel Mod 1 .177*. It is stamped "Made in Germany" on the underside of the barrel but I cannot find a year stamp anywhere. It has retained most of it's power and it has a tight action. The stock has a beautiful patina and the metalwork has much of it's original finish. There are some pitted areas on the cylinder which are concealed by the stock but, all in all, it is quite a sweet genuine rifle.

Haenel mod1 DRP

According to Hiller the gun was made between 1925 to 1960 and was worth between £20 & £50 depending on condition when his enlarged 4th edition was published, don't know if values have increased much since then, hope others can shed some light. The bit I am interested in is the DRP bit which stands for 'Deutches reich Patent' I thought this was not applied to guns made after the war.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Probably worth nearer £80-100 now depending on its condition which looks ok.

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

Haenel Mod 1

I would suggest that the DRP mark plus the Haenel "Pfeil " or Arrow logo places it before 1936. After this the logo changed to the "HS" form when Schmeisser took a majority interest in the old Haenel outfit and changed its title to Haenel-Schmeisser. Blue Book 6th Edn. would suggest about $100 for one in this condition,say £65-70 for someone really interested in this make. John
    Laudator temporis acti

Haenel Mod 1

I would suggest that the DRP mark plus the Haenel "Pfeil " or Arrow logo places it before 1936. After this the logo changed to the "HS" form when Schmeisser took a majority interest in the old Haenel outfit and changed its title to Haenel-Schmeisser. Blue Book 6th Edn. would suggest about $100 for one in this condition,say £60-65 for someone really interested in this make. John
    Laudator temporis acti

Sorry

Internet connection problems hence double post, apologies , John
    Laudator temporis acti