Thread: Old Nikko Stirling Platinum W.A

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have the 3.5-10x45 version. It's comparable to the Bushnell trophy I have (3-9x40) and the WTC I had (3-9x40). Nothing special but quite nice.

I believe that with the passage of time, the 'ruby' lenses may have become 'rose tinted' to some peoples eyes
    Last edited by benchstop; 22-12-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: bushnell

Thumbs up I still have them and my opinion is still the same as 2 years ago

Two years after writing the review i still have the scopes.
    3-9x40AO on BAM B40 (TX Clone)
    4-12x40AO on AA TX200HC MkII
    4-12x50AO on Annie 1517 .17HMR
    4-12x50AO on BSA Spitfire Carbine SF
    The Parker Hale Premier Gold is the same scope in Matte and on the BSA

I have no intentions of selling them as still excellent scopes
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Well the 6 x 45 "Ruby" arrived today and the quality is superb

I have put it straight onto my AGT 77K

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

secretagentmole Guest
    I have a 3-9x40 Platinum, sitting on a 2007 Rapid we just acquired, that scope is going on my QB78! Too good to get rid of, but not my favoured hunting scope!
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 08-03-2013 at 10:05 AM.

PeteB is offline Personally, I don't trust any bloke that makes me feel stiff in the morning
    Calne, Wiltshire. (not far enough from Calais)
    I've got a 6 x 45 WA that came with a rifle I bought second hand. I assumed it would be a poor quality scope as it was given away free. HOW WRONG I WAS!

It is fantastic. One of the best scopes I have looked through and up there with scopes 5 times the price.
    I plink, therefore I am.

I also picked up a 6x45 wa today from . Haven't had much of a chance to play, but it sure looks good, and the ruby lens looks smart. So what about re parallax on these, must be set to 100yds as std?

Old school scope's

After reding this its ends my worry that in not alone in the search for the the best old school type scope albeit somewhat heavy compared to the new type,which I must say after a few years trying all the modern ones from the cheap to the dearest I still find my favourite has got to be the gold crown wa ao 3-9x40 I had one for years and used them that much the turrets fell off I was devestated and I'm still looking for a replacement so any one got one pm me 😗
    I'm using the nickko sterling gold crown 3-9x40wa at the minute but I find myself wanting the ao back

I now own a brand new old stock 4-12x50 Webley platinum! Never been mounted and even has lense cover bra.
    Many years ago I went to a local shooting range and see a old boy in the corner with one of the nicest guns I had ever seen! I walked over to see this rifle and there it was!
    The webley fx2000 venom!
    I loved it and always wanted it! Looked so great with the Parker hale premier gold sitting on top!
    So ever since then I've been trying to get a venom fx2000 and a Parker hale premier gold!
    I sadly haven't had any luck as last premier I see sold before I had the chance!
    But see the Webley platinum pop up on n fort I'll settle for that and WAW!! It's such a beautiful scope!
    I still haven't mounted the scope yet as am looking for the right mount to go with it as don't want a flashy Hawke mount n all that type on her as id'e like to keep it still looking classic!
    But I would also like to say if anyone has any info on either of the scopes and the venom fx2000 then please post! I am always trying to build my collection and love to collect!
    Thankyou guys and hope to hear from you all soon
    Thanks again!
    Lee..