Thread: Webley Mark 3 - price ideas

Webley Mark 3 - price ideas

I've been passed a Webley Mark 3 from somebody's loft, and am wondering what it's worth.

It requires some TLC as there is surface rust on all the metal parts and the stock wants rubbing down, but the piston feels strong and smooth (I've no .177 ammo to try it).
    There doesn't appear to be a serial number that I can find, though there is a pretty little Webley badge on the stock.

I'm guessing it may not be quite worth trading in against a HW100, but any guide lines would be gratefully received.

Ade.

Gareth W-B is online now Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Moving this thread to collectables, as feel you will get more informed help from the regulars there.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ade2 View Post
    There doesn't appear to be a serial number that I can find
    The serial number should be on the underside of the cocking under lever. Hard to value in that condition without photos however, but as a guide, imo, iro £80/£90 (+/-).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Oh, and I note that this is your first thread and post on the BBS, so allow me to say welcome, and I/we hope you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us do . Atb: Gareth.

Cool

Hi

You could send it for re-blueing but i don't know how much it would cost..

Here are my two, one is in fantastic condition but the other is an early model, it's in need of a re-blue...

Regards, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Cheers guys. I'll try to get some pics on and will look for the serial number but at the moment am panicking about some work we have to do early tomorrow morning so have to get everything sorted before being sent for an early night.

They seem to be worth quite a bit really which is mighty fine news for me as I need every penny at the moment.

I may even have to put my rimfire on here next ....

Thanks
    Ade

Pics of Webley Mark 3

At last! (Why is everything to do with computers so very difficult for me ...?)

This URL should show you some pics of the Webley.
    If anybody is interested in it let me know and I'll move it to the For Sale area.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/284508018

Thanks
    Ade

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Poor old thing! its an early one, in that condition i would have thought it worth around £50 although it must be worth more than that in parts, critical thing is if the bore is good its worth restoring, if it isnt its a parts gun. make a nice restoration project for someone who is keen, wont be me i have enough projects already!

Webley Mark 3

An early one, shame about the condition, not sure if the stock is split?
    Re blue Manchester Airgun cost me £60 for a Mark 3 a while back, provided you strip it down. Stock just needs some TLC and elbow grease, if not split. Assume it will need at least a new spring and piston seal, say £25. As previous thread, bore might be a bit rusty but will probably clean up. Seems to be complete. .177 always rarer than .22. If it cost you nothing and you have the time and ability you could end up with a nice Mark 3.

Sale as parts would probably get you more than £50 but all the metal items will need re blueing. A decent stock with medallion must be worth £35. The sights and tap lever are usually in demand.

Mike95