Thread: Quite a few Beesa's now!!!

Cool Quite a few Beesa's now!!!

Wel

i took a few pics of my BSA rifles (didn't bother with the pistolas!!)..

i wanted to do a group shot but don't have anywhere to photograph all nine at once

Two mk1 airsporters and two Mk2 Airsporters (the cutout on the stock of the mk2 makes it strangely, very comfy to shoot!)

Goldstar and Superstar

Airsporter Stutzen, mk5 and Mercury

Damn- i'm really finding it hard to resist buying any more mk1 and mk2 airsporters

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Very nice collection, John. The early Airsporters are now very good value for money so it is easy to be tempted by them.

I think your collection could do with an Airsporter 'S' or Mercury 'S' (a Mercury Challenger is just too rare a beast nowadays), and really an RB2 would be good in there as well.

However, if you are wanting to go the budget route, there are many Marks of BSA Meteor to consider, all of them great VFM as well.

The two BSA junior guns that might be interesting to add, but tend to be a bit overpriced, are the radical but splendid BSA Buccaneer and the toy-like & cute BSA Merlin.

However, perhaps you have enough BSAs already! That SuperStar is a beautiful rifle, but they did make it a bit deep in the fore-end to be truly graceful, a bit of a porpoise-shape.

I think you ought to look out for a nice Mk 1 Meteor, with the metal end-cap and the grooves in the fore-end. Very elegant!
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 03-01-2010 at 01:29 AM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The Meteor was a larger, more powerful replacement for the Cadet Major, but made using cheaper production techniques and materials. They aren't exactly comparable really. They both have their good points. The Cadet was probably better-made in terms of engineering quality but the Meteor puts out alot more power and is an excellent rifle in its own right.

Thumbs up BSA Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Wel

i took a few pics of my BSA rifles (didn't bother with the pistolas!!)..

i wanted to do a group shot but don't have anywhere to photograph all nine at once

Two mk1 airsporters and two Mk2 Airsporters (the cutout on the stock of the mk2 makes it strangely, very comfy to shoot!)

Goldstar and Superstar

Airsporter Stutzen, mk5 and Mercury

Damn- i'm really finding it hard to resist buying any more mk1 and mk2 airsporters

John
    Very nice!!!!!
    Freedom needs a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlover View Post
    ....and the difference between Meteor and Super Meteor please???
    The action and barrel is the same fore each rifle. The stock is different; the Super Meteor has a deeper fore-end, more pronounced & comfortable pistol-grip, cheekpiece and ventilated rubber recoil-pad. The ordinary Meteor has a plain stock, made of beech as is the Super. The Super is slightly heavier than the standard Meteor because of the slightly larger stock, and looks more 'grown-up'. The Super Meteor (or Meteor Super) is NOT like a BSA Mercury 'S' or Airsporter 'S' - these have improved actions as well as better stocks, relative to the standard models.

There were some marks of Meteor whereby the rearsight could be removed from its usual perch on the breech and relocated to the cylinder end-cap, with the addition of an aperture it was used as a peepsight. I think these were the Mk 3 or Mk 4 Meteors.

The most recent Meteors are Gamos and don't have a great deal in common with the BSA types.