Thread: SB Laser mount

ianb Guest

Question SB Laser mount

I was wondering if the standard SB scope mount for their lasers will clear my scope, a 3.8-12x40 aetec, but it has P/A making it a big outside diameter of about 60mm?

thanks, Ian
    P.S. I understand people make their own mounts but I lack the skill to make my own!

Skimmer Guest
    Be interested to see a homemade mount or description

ianb Guest
    The one's I have seen have been a mod of a set of mounts, one clamps around the scope and is upside down, inbetween is a 3-6" piece of studding or metal bar attached to the other mount, or something like it. Still anyone have an SB laser on a standard mount?

thanks, Ian

I think it will clear. I've just put the standard mount up against my Aetec and the rail is just clear of the end bell. I'm not using the SB mount as my laser is in a normal high scope mount mounted upside-down.

Jonathan

Darren Petts Guest
    The std SB scope mount is absolute cack. A std type double clamp high mount will do and is miles better. The SB unit doesn't clamp the laser very well at all.
    My home made mount
    http://www.airgunforum.net/articles/...lasermount.jpg

ianb Guest
    Yes I remember, it was your mount I saw before before Darren, do you need to make parts or can they be bought? Looks great though, I assume the large height is to give range finding?

thanks, Ian

Darren Petts Guest
    Just two high mounts - top one with scope cradle cut off. Some M10 threaded bar and two nyloc nuts. You also need the correct drill and tap. Large height creates a tangent to the pellets arc from 35 to 58 yds so poi is always within 0.5 inch of dot at those distances. Use Chairgun to see what I mean.