Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Wallis & Wallis Webley Omega .177

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    What did it go for in the end then matey? My money is on £350, and even as a lover of the marque and model in question, no Webley Omega is worth anything like that much (unless it is gold plated or was once owned by Terry D ).
    I've just gone through my notes from the auction. At a quick glance, I counted 18 Omegas... The .25 example was listed as being 'FAC?', and as a result, it only made £95 plus the charges... To be honest, I suspect the auctioneers were covering their behinds, because from what I could see, all the .25 air rifles were listed as 'FAC?' - in other words, they didn't know...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

best trigger mechanism

It really was easy. Copy the 124’s overall mechanics, buy in the barrel, add the 335’s breach bolt assembly and barrel latch if you can, and copy the record trigger as closely as possible ala Ken Turner. quote

quite agree that Ken must have studied the rekord trigger mech and decided what was best for it i was told about reductions in spring size and subtle filing and polishing etc but the result fitted in my .177 KT83 stainless breech-loader is quite superb and the best trigger mechanism ive ever used and ive tried many over the years. incidently Ken decided that the fwb 124 barrel was his first choice over all the other german comparitives. i remember very well the main critisism of the webley omega mk1 and 2 was the trigger mech just not being sensitive enough and not having the adjustment demanded for ft what a bloody shame because if it had started a following i def would of bought one, absolutely sure of that(wish i had anyway tbh). also my brothers mk1 124 trigger wasnt up to much either, my '77k trigger was far superior and i think the poor trigger on my diana52 was the reason it made way for my Ken T tuned tx200sr so goes to prove that even german rifles dont always have fantastic triggers either and needed sorting by precision engineers like Ken Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    bloody miraculous i would say
    unless you mean a 15 INCH CIRCLE
    my ripley aint THAT accurate / not with me shooting it anyway
    the post was a Joke by the way!

although to be fair the rifle will do a 20mm three shot group at 50 in my hands, so it must be good, im like mr magoo!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post

I've just gone through my notes from the auction. At a quick glance, I counted 18 Omegas... The .25 example was listed as being 'FAC?', and as a result, it only made £95 plus the charges... To be honest, I suspect the auctioneers were covering their behinds, because from what I could see, all the .25 air rifles were listed as 'FAC?' - in other words, they didn't know ...
    Hi Paddy, I've just been through the catalogue, too, and found 14 Omegas, and four rifles classed as Omega/Eclipse, so yep, 18 listed (but only four in .177 like mine ).

Wow though. Only £95 for the prototype .25 Omega !!! What a show. If it was sub 12ft.lb bet it would've topped the £300 barrier, too. But as was classed as an F.A.C. (may've been running at 13 ft.lb-ish so they just wanted to play safe ???), only an R.F.D, or an F.A.C. holder with a spare .25 slot would've been able to buy it, hence that silly cheap price due to the limited market ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.