Thread: BSA 1907 plinking!

BSA 1907 plinking!

Hi,
    thought I'd share this as it came as a surprise to me. Snowed in again and cant play out so I had a plinking session in my shippan. Fired at all sorts of targets and then came across a tin of shoe polish. Fired a .177 wadcutter pellet-very light at it from a 1907 BSA-it went clean through and took out the polish as well. I was'nt expecting that at all! This was at around 25 feet...
    My gamo, daisy and military pattern couldnt go through this tough tin...
    Any thoughts on what power this monster actually is??

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

go easy.

this ia a game ive played ,im sure you are careful enough but a little while ago i had a set of old directorys in a box as a back stop ;this worked fine until yours truly got out his beloved fwb out for a chrono check not realising the previous shot pattern had cut a nice hole nearly through to the back ;naturaly the fwb on steroids with its swedish spring not just went through but were embeding themselves in the kitchen door [ahhhh]blimey that was the quickest diy job any under the thumb husband has ever put into effect.
    ps if you ever fancy a bell trgt give us a shout as mine are indistructable and cheap to my bbs collectable collegues .atb bob.
    Last edited by red bob; 07-01-2010 at 10:10 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

send me pictures of your bell target to kyairgunner@hotmail.com

Thanks, Chris

Could I have a pictures of your bell targets as well please
    'Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts'

Hi Mr Ulverston, thats a name I haven't heard for a long time (Shippan) in Lancashire its shippon and further south its byre and no doubt lots of other names in other regions I suppose The shippon will be great for an indoor range unless its occupied
    By the way I can highly recommend Bobs fine bell targets, they are the dogs dangly bits and they look pretty too...Dave...

Carl your 1907 BSA is probably spitting out pellets in the 8 to 9 ft/lbs region, unless it's dieselling that accounts for the shoe polish tin carnage.

Another vote for Red Bob's excellent bell targets here. I have one and it's the best made target I've ever used.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hi Chaps,
    the Bell target looks superb, maybe tempted at some point! The shippan was occupied till 3 years ago-though how the past owner coped I dont know as we live above it! Just cleared it out..will make a good workshop for when I grow the nuts to take a rifle apart! As for a range I can squeeze 10 metres out of it!

cheers lads

thanks for the kind words lads ,nice to know they are so well thought of.
    err scuse my ignorance but whats a shippon thingy is it a sort of lads shed!! a must have in my experience ;a great place of retreat when things get heated on the domestic front.
    ps thanks for posting the picci dan.

Its always been called a shippan but it may have another name-its just a barn with pens in it for cattle/sheep/pigs etc. All the pens are still in but now thankfully free of livestock! Ive never used it for anything but I now have the tools to work with down there...just too bloody cold!

re shippan

thanks for that ,some shed can u get a wood burning stove in there,combined range and workshop what a thought.