Thread: New thread--- What thread

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

New thread--- What thread

I bought a set of Weihrauch sights off here with the intention of adapting them to one of my future projects. I noticed that the screw that holds the rearsight on is a very fine thread----does anybody know what thread it is? I have noticed that the old Diana,s had screws with very fine threads and thought as they were too fine to be BA, that they must be model engineering. Somebody out there must know?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I'd have thought they would be metric. There a generally various pitches available in any given metric thread so they may well be a fine pitched metric.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

M5 x 0.5 pitch
    - readily available (bought a set of taps to fit the rearsight to a old rentokil huntsman)
    cheers
    chris

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

What thread?

So I assume that most of the fine threads on the old Diana 25/27 cocking arm and barrel pivot screws and lockscrews would be metric .5 pitch?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Dunno, but you can easily identify a metric fine series thread - just use a standard M3 or M4 or whatever screw as a gauge and see if the thread on it meshes with the thread on your mystery bolt. Standard M3 is 0.5 pitch, M4 is 0.7, M5 is 0.8 pitch, M6 is 1.0 pitch etc. There's no mystery, even the fine series of metric threads are 'normal' - they just borrow the pitches from the smaller threads.