Thread: Webley Serial Number?

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Webley Serial Number?

I recently had my Webley senior to bits to give it some TLC, and noticed a number stamped in the frame under the left hand grip pannel. The number is 1149, is this a serial number, or a date stamp? I suspect the latter because I'm pretty sure Webley stopped serialing thier pistols either on the Mk1 or the Pre-war Seniors.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I think its just a batch number. You are correct in thinking that Webley gave up serial numbers on their pistols.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    I think its just a batch number. You are correct in thinking that Webley gave up serial numbers on their pistols.
    I'll have a look over the rest of the pistol Ollie. I thought Webley stamped the lot number on the front end plug. This one is hidden under the grip. 1149 would fit in with the manufacture of these pistols, would it not?
    Last edited by harry mac; 06-01-2010 at 10:13 PM.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

IIRC the three numbers stamped should match (and are just a batch number - no date): 1. end plug; 2. under grip; 3. trigger guard.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle