Thread: Identity troubles

Identity troubles

I have been given a nice old .177 spring gun,it has very little to identify it stamped on the body and I wondered if anyone here might help me to find out what it is. Its about same size as a Webley Jaguar but definitely isnt one,the stock has a raised comb on the cheek piece and the compression cylinder has no marks on it apart from a serial No.(?)A20523 on the left hand side right at the front just near the hinge pin,on the block at the rear of the barrel where it hinges there is a small circle on the left side with what looks like a capital M stamped inside it, I have stripped th main body out of the woodwork and there are no further markings which would be hidden under this,there is a sling swivel level with the rear of the barrel and another on the underside of the butt. It has a single piston and spring,single stage trigger , the rear sight is a leaf style v sight slid into a dovetail on the reciever and the foresight is a solid tapered inverted V again slid into a dovetail and on the muzzle end the fore end of the stock is chased out to make a channel either side for your fingers,the cocking bar has a pivot in the middle of it instead of just being a single straight piece
    Its been puzzling me for a few months now and I would love to be able to find out what it is Thankyou Neil
    I posted this in General Airgun and Air Tech suggested I put a post in here too,there are some photos in there as well and some suggestions but it seems to want to stay unidentified at present
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Dave's identified it as an early Relum:

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    its a early relum from the 60's i had 1 same as when i was a kid good little gun

dave.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Many thanks for all the help and thanks Dave for setting my mind at ease now,,I can stop searching through books and get on with shooting again
    Neil
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil