Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just got my money through from the uni to help with my studies…

Steve Valentine Guest
    Well I think it's disgusting and you should be burned at the stake

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    Well I think it's disgusting and you should be burned at the stake

I agree lets lynch him

oh wait.....
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    so which pcp pistol shall i get?

Bad boy!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Steve Valentine Guest
    I agree lets lynch him

oh wait.....
    You punch yourself in the eye while I kick your testicles in

i get given the money regardless what its going to be spent on, im saving a bit by living at home and there's no way i can spend that much money on books, so why not a gun?

I'm not falsely claiming a benefit, I'm getting the same as other people, I'm just using it for different things.
    It is still money from tax payers that is meant for one thing only. You can easily spend it on your education by buying extra curricular books or by buying supplies to use for further study.

Failing that, pay more to your parents. I moved out at 17 and was spending £200 a week on living expenses. Whatever you are paying, it's not a fair share if you are after a PCP pistol (minimum £400 with equipment?). Don't be suprised about the comments you get. Hard working people are struggling with bills after still working 16 hour days 7 days a week. I'm sure less tax that goes to you would help feed the kids.

FFS guys give the lad a break....(And i don't mean his nose!)

Back in the very early 80's as a 'Mature Student' one of the first things i did when my grant came through was to buy a Normay Vixen! Yes you can slag me off for doing that, but the crime that i should be punished for was selling it.

The lad obviously wants to get on in life or he wouldn't be studying would he? Unlike the chav's his age who only study what benefit they can claim next.

Rest assured, he'll pay for whatever pistol he buys time and time again when he becomes a taxpayer!
    Now the more cynical element among you might say i'm only defending this lad beacause he's a fellow countryman of mine....And you'd be right!.Engleeesh scum!
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

You punch yourself in the eye while I kick your testicles in
    thats a strange place to go for Steve is there something you want to tell me
    Sliced bread.

Steve Valentine Guest
    thats a strange place to go for Steve is there something you want to tell me
    Pound for pound of kicking force, the testicular region hurts more.

HTH

Pound for pound of kicking force, the testicular region hurts more.

HTH

ah i see, so what your saying is your a wimp and cant kick
    Sliced bread.

Steve Valentine Guest
    ah i see, so what your saying is your a wimp and cant kick
    I'm crippled with Arthritis, I have to make the most of my feeble kicks

When i was a student i used to spend most of my money on beer and partying...the rest I just wasted. bum bum.
    i'll get me coat.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by luckythirteen View Post
    It is still money from tax payers that is meant for one thing only. You can easily spend it on your education by buying extra curricular books or by buying supplies to use for further study.

Failing that, pay more to your parents. I moved out at 17 and was spending £200 a week on living expenses. Whatever you are paying, it's not a fair share if you are after a PCP pistol (minimum £400 with equipment?). Don't be suprised about the comments you get. Hard working people are struggling with bills after still working 16 hour days 7 days a week. I'm sure less tax that goes to you would help feed the kids.
    There'd be a lot more money to go around if everyone going to Uni had to do a propper study based degree like Sol and the thicko's got a job, instead New Labour decided everyone has to have a degree even if it's Media Studies/Naval Gazing and the like.

The fact that Sol wants a nice PCP pistol and can balance his outgoings to manage that bodes well, he will probably continue to be aspirational & find his way to a career which supports his aspirations.

I've always worked since leaving university and I bought climbing gear and an HW45 out of my first year grant - yes grant, I'm that old! I suppose you want to have a big fat moan about me too?

If you want to moan moan about the wasters doing media studies that think it's below them to stack shelves until their big fillm career break comes along - wasters!

Nick

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Oh dear Sol, I can see irony is wasted on here

Take care mate & choose your weapon wisely
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

I have read this thread with interest , I then read it again and logged off .

I logged back on later this evening and re-read the whole thread once more and as a result have drawn the following conclusions

I'd go for a Falcon FN8 you tax dodging idle c o c k

HTH

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    I have read this thread with interest , I then read it again and logged off .

I logged back on later this evening and re-read the whole thread once more and as a result have drawn the following conclusions

I'd go for a Falcon FN8 you tax dodging idle c o c k

HTH

Dave
    Would you recomend 0.22 as well
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it