Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Just got my money through from the uni to help with my studies…

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    On topic I think you should buy a good second hand Rohm Twinmaster, they come along at a reasonable price every so often and you won't lose a lot when you come to trade up,
    Regards,
    Nick

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    There'd be a lot more money to go around if everyone going to Uni had to do a propper study based degree like Sol and the thicko's got a job, instead New Labour decided everyone has to have a degree even if it's Media Studies/Naval Gazing and the like.

The fact that Sol wants a nice PCP pistol and can balance his outgoings to manage that bodes well, he will probably continue to be aspirational & find his way to a career which supports his aspirations.

I've always worked since leaving university and I bought climbing gear and an HW45 out of my first year grant - yes grant, I'm that old! I suppose you want to have a big fat moan about me too?

If you want to moan moan about the wasters doing media studies that think it's below them to stack shelves until their big fillm career break comes along - wasters!

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Oh dear Sol, I can see irony is wasted on here

Take care mate & choose your weapon wisely
    cheers guys

ill have to wait for it to die down a bit and start a new thread or something, as i would like some advice, was surfing through the sales thread and saw what i thought was a real bargain, how is that rohm by the way Nick
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Why is there so many OP that start with a specific question but somehow are taken totally out of context and seem to become a free for all for an arguement, i have found this site very informative whilst the short time i have been a member but have recently noticed some members just seem to like to argue IMO

Cheers
    Craig

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by scoie View Post
    Why is there so many OP that start with a specific question but somehow are taken totally out of context and seem to become a free for all for an arguement, i have found this site very informative whilst the short time i have been a member but have recently noticed some members just seem to like to argue IMO

Cheers
    Craig
    Stick with us pistoleers Craig. We may argue a bit, but in a much classier way
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Angry Total Tosser

You obviously posted this thread in a humourous manner, (I Hope)

Firstly I suggest reading all the Postings again and for once in your self interested sponging off your Parents layabout self indulgent Twerpish Pond Life,

Take note of what they say and do something about it for a change,

When you have packed your bags and left Laura Ashley Land and live in a nice Student S***! Hole, and have a real Life, PM me and I will give you my address,

When you drop by I will give you a 1960's springer pistol that fires pellets and BB much more fun than a dull boring PCP, Gratis

And as you were too thick to hack Physics that means for free.
    Last edited by ratgunner; 08-01-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scoie View Post
    ... but have recently noticed some members just seem to like to argue IMO

Cheers
    Craig
    You're right. Who needs “Anti's” when we can fight this well amongst ourselves!

As far as I'm concerned pistol shooting is great sport and should be encouraged!

As for the pistol. If the money will stretch to it I would go for one of the new Air Arms pistols. If you (or the tax payer) can't afford it then the Brocock Atomic looks great, and if that's still too much money then I would forget about a PCP and go for a Webley Alecto.

Matt
    My Club: http://www.wendoverarc.co.uk
    Rifles: Air Arms S400 - Air Arms TX200HC - Webley MkII Service Rifle - BSA Imp Model D
    Pistols: Webley Seniors - Webley Juniors - Beretta 92FS - Cobra Crossbow

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ratgunner View Post
    And as you were too thick to hack Physics that means for free.
    umm, im still there...

Quote Originally Posted by ratgunner View Post
    When you drop by I will give you a 1960's springer pistol that fires pellets and BB much more fun than a dull boring PCP, Gratis
    actually that be great I've been looking for something to shoot in the vintage comps
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Angry Total Tosser

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    umm, im still there...

What Laura Ashley Land You Perv!

actually that be great I've been looking for something to shoot in the vintage comps
    I am as good as my word, Tosser!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    how is that rohm by the way Nick
    5.2Ft/Lbs on Bisley Practice
    Nick

I'm with Paul, Dave and Nick, go for it.

I have met you, you are not a stupid fella, you are a young bloke who is a bloody good shot. If you want to get a PCP Pistol go for it, a fella with your talent can only do our sport some good.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Whatever gun he buys judging by his posts on here he would probably shoot himself in the foot!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Whatever gun he buys judging by his posts on here he would probably shoot himself in the foot!
    Then you clearly don't know our Sol.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

See sig'

i'm not jumping down the lads throat on this if its spare money however i would spend some of it on books if needed(physics is a good subject imho),give some to your parents then buy a pcp pstol.

i have a rohm twinmaster sport and its a very good pistol with good sights,reasonable trigger,adjustable grip and weights.
    we all need an interest to enjoy and to help us relax and if sol is studying and completing the studies i say treat yourself mate.

sol1821 is a dickhead
    IanR
    Daystate MK4 S .177 ~ Steyr LP2 ~ Brno Tau-7