Thread: A Valuation Please

A Valuation Please

My friend has a hw77 in .22 that he may sell later this month and was looking for a valuation,I have seen the rifle it's need's in my opinion a reblue and a stock refurb but the gun shoot's ok,you might not even want to do that to the gun if you want it as a cheap hunter.
    Thanks in advance

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

re value

hi mate,bit tricky without piccs but this is a respected classic if not argueably in the best calibre,i have seen these go in vgc for the £200 a polished and refurbed one for a similer price ,so at a guess £150 if in reasonable cond with power up to the mark.
    atb bob
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by richywilk View Post

My friend has a hw77 in .22 that he may sell later this month and was looking for a valuation,I have seen the rifle it's need's in my opinion a reblue and a stock refurb but the gun shoot's ok,you might not even want to do that to the gun if you want it as a cheap hunter.

Thanks in advance
    Difficult to value without photos, but going by your description, here are my thoughts (for what they are worth ). I sold a beauty in .177, complete with tuning kit fitted, for £225 just before Christmas, so after deducting 10% for the one detailed being .22 (call it £20), deducting the price of the kit (£30), the price of a re-blue (£40), the price of all the correct pots and potions to do a good re-furb on the stock (£15), plus a figure to compensate for the inconvenience of the renovation (say a conservatively priced £20), imo, you should not pay a penny more than £100 tops for the HW77 as detailed (just my take in it ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Second you Gareth W-B. Lots of them, lots in superb condition, wrong calibre for a hw77, still being made. Who wants to bother getting a reblue done, and then it probably needs new innards too. Solid gun still but £100 is about it.

Thank's for that,this should educate him as he think's he could get £150 for it!!