Thread: Titan MPT info.

Titan MPT info.

Does anyone have information on a Titan MPT?

I'm looking for instruction manuals, exploded views, magazine reviews, original box, accessories etc.

Are there still any Titan experts out there?

Cheers,

Ian

Ian I think I have a couple of magazine reviews in some old annuals, will have a look over the weekend

MPT info

Thanks Scott, it was a pleasure doing business with you, it's a gem.

Thanks,

Ian

Ian - I have two MPTs. Both worked on by John Bowkett. One is a 177 and he added a match trigger and regulated it. The other is a 22 and it is now FAC at 18 ft/lb, also with match trigger. When I got it uprated to FAC the standard trigger pull was very heavy due to the greater effort needed and the triggers are quite complex on the MPTs in any case.

Great for squirrels though!

These are excellent rifles - well under rated by most people, IMHO. And my177 version is certainly more accurate than my Daystate Huntsman 2 - it will easily do one hole groups at 27 yds - the length of my garden!

Do get it to John Bowkett if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post

Do get it to John Bowkett if you can!
    Is he on this forum?

Anyone got contact details?
    Last edited by westy306; 10-01-2010 at 07:58 AM.

MPT info?

Bump please.

Any info out there?

Thanks for info contributions so far on PM.

ATB,

Ian

Ian, just to say I haven't forgotten, will dig out those old articles, just got a bit busy this weekend How are you getting on with the MPT?

Mpt

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar View Post
    Ian, just to say I haven't forgotten, will dig out those old articles, just got a bit busy this weekend How are you getting on with the MPT?
    Hi Scott,

The MPT is awesome in it's handeling and accuracy. I'm very pleased with it.

It's been a challenge to find a scope mount to clear the breach. I found one made by Sportsmatch specifically for Titan's and Falcon's.

I might have found one old mag article. I haven't got it with me, but I'll let you know which one.

If you want a reference from our good deal to any prospective buyer from you in the future, let me know.

ATB,

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by westy306 View Post
    Hi Scott,

The MPT is awesome in it's handeling and accuracy. I'm very pleased with it.

It's been a challenge to find a scope mount to clear the breach. I found one made by Sportsmatch specifically for Titan's and Falcon's.

I might have found one old mag article. I haven't got it with me, but I'll let you know which one.

If you want a reference from our good deal to any prospective buyer from you in the future, let me know.

ATB,

Ian
    Ian

I got BLK reachforward mounts which does the job. 4" reach. Can photograph mine this weekend if you'd like. One MPT has a Bushnell 10 x 40 and the other has a 30mm scope for hunting. Daystate are/were the agents but they charge silly prices for them.

354 30mm Cantilever - $60
    374 -30mm Reach Forward mounts $47.50 (Jul 07 prices Arizona Airguns)

HTH
    D

MPT scope mount.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Ian

I got BLK reachforward mounts which does the job. 4" reach. Can photograph mine this weekend if you'd like.
    Yes please.

Cheers,

Ian

MPT article

Scott,

The MPT article I've got is from Airgunner or AGW (can't remember) December '92.

Cheers,

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by westy306 View Post
    Yes please.

Cheers,

Ian
    Here you go Ian - pics of the mounts. Think they're both BLK (but I do have a similar Sportsmatch that was done as a one off.)

The Bushnell on the MPT that is regulated (yellow/Ramsbottom flip ups) and the other one my MPT2 with a Walther 4-12 scope and black glove!!

The MPT 2 was a later version that is cocked by the bolt pushing the cocking lever rearwards. Can be operated manually which is what I usually do as now that it is 'FACed', it takes a fair pull to cock the hammer spring. You can see the stub on the rear of the cocking lever that the bolt engages in the pic.

This particular MPT is 3 days younger than my son! It was build in early Nov 93.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...tsDSC00480.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...T2mounts-1.jpg
    Last edited by BigDuncs; 31-01-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Lovley guns those MPT's....

If any Titan owners are missing their stickers I still have them available free of charge, these are reproductions of the original stickers printed on top quality vinyl to the exact size and look of the original factory offering.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/tstray/Logo.jpg

PM or email me for info

Cheers,
    Tom