Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pics of an early HW35E

Hw35

Sorry Richard the 35 is still a relevent rifle today. At our 12ftlbs limit its a lot better than a stiffled 80 but agree that whilst the barrel catch can cause problems its not as great as some would make out.

The main reason no one buys the things anymore is because Hull Cartridge only imports the plain std and K version into the Uk. I would imagine that they'd get a few more sales if we had the E version. Just look on HW's German site for details.

In fact most of the current HW break barrel range have pretty poor woodwork as std. (just look at the pics of this old 35 that this thread was originally about to ram that home)

Also whilst on the subject the 35K should really come with the silencer option like the 95/80/90K in the HW range, I mean its already fitted to the 35KLS but not many people like that laminated stock and as a result I've seen new 35KLS selling for £240 in several shops. Not much more than the bargin basement 99S.

I think the 35 is a bit like the old BL/Rover Mini if HW stopped making them, then we'd all want one and prices would go up.

Get one now is my advice, any collection of 70/80's spring rifles should have a least one.

I will give you top money for that beauty,Say £30.00 cash

35e

You can still buy a new 35E . Wifey got me one for my birthday just before Christmas. Ordered it through Westons via Hull. Very nice it is too
    Cheers . Alan

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Sorry Richard the 35 is still a relevent rifle today. At our 12ftlbs limit its a lot better than a stiffled 80 but agree that whilst the barrel catch can cause problems its not as great as some would make out.

I think the 35 is a bit like the old BL/Rover Mini if HW stopped making them, then we'd all want one and prices would go up.

Get one now is my advice, any collection of 70/80's spring rifles should have a least one.
    Here! Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontbrake View Post
    You can still buy a new 35E . Wifey got me one for my birthday just before Christmas. Ordered it through Westons via Hull. Very nice it is too
    Cheers . Alan
    Did it have the 22" barrel?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hw35e

HW only list the current 35E with a 18.5" barrel which is a shame but you do get that lovely stock.

If you go to the AirgunsofArizona site they are advertising the 35E as doing 650fps in .22 with 12.9gr pellet or 850fps in .177 with a 6.5gr pellet, cost is a bit steep at 590 Dollars though. Frontbrake I'd love to know what one would cost in the UK.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    ... As our I.J. has said above: here bloomin' here.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

HW only list the current 35E with a 18.5" barrel which is a shame but you do get that lovely stock.

If you go to the AirgunsofArizona site they are advertising the 35E as doing 650fps in .22 with 12.9gr pellet or 850fps in .177 with a 6.5gr pellet, cost is a bit steep at 590 Dollars though. Frontbrake I'd love to know what one would cost in the UK.
    Just measured the barrel and it came in at 19 3/4 inch from where the pellet goes to the dangerous end. Just using the open sights for now, but with the weather being so rubbish lately it's hardly had any use. Cost about half of the dollar price in pounds as you quoted above, which makes a pleasant change . Usually we pay in pounds what they pay in dollars.

Cheers . Alan