Thread: Rivington Riflemen

Rivington Riflemen

Hello folks. It must be over five years since I last posted on this site ! I wont bore anybody reading this with details of my poor sad recent history, but I would like to gain contact with some of my old shooting mates at Rivington Riflemen. I went up this evening for a visit and should have guessed that the white-stuff would have temporarily suspended operations at the indoor range !!! Still, at least the place is a lot closer than it used to be when I lived in Formby, as I now live in sunny Wigan.
    If Ian or any members of the commitee read this please drop me a pm as I would like to call up for a visit this Sunday. I have been rezeroeing the Venom 80 and look forward to chucking a bit of lead at some knockdown targets! This particular rifle has not let me down and continues to perform superbly following me picking up the brand new gun from Steve and Ivan at the now apparently deceased Webley Venom yard in Brum in 2004.It continues to be the preferred weapon of choice over both rimfire and shotgun when circumstances allow, as it remains such a pleasure to shoot.
    Anyway, enough reminiscing. Please drop me a line if you can, Thanks, Andy

Hi Andy

If they don't see this, you could email them via their website:

http://www.rivington-riflemen.org/

Best regards
    Paul
    Bolton AirGun Society
    http://www.boltonairgunssociety.co.uk

Hi Andy,
    The club will be closed this Sunday as a sign of respect for James Gaskell who died 12 months ago.

Come up any Wed/Thurs/Sunday and you will be welcome.

ATB
    Ray.

Thanks for the swift response gents.
    I am very sorry to hear about James. That is a shock. I will drop in next Thursday presuming that the ever advancing ice age allows.
    Andy

Andy - Y.H.P.M.
    Its nice to see you back again. Does THIS bring back any memories?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk