Thread: Summer benchrest 20/25yd

Summer benchrest 20/25yd

The winter 20yard/25yard Midland Benchrest League has gone very well and we are now up to rounds 7&8 of this postal competition

We have run with 6 divisions of 6 teams/div with each team of 3 shooting against each other team in the division twice throughout the season

The targets used are the same as the Yorkshire Benchrest League uses, with the exception that the max. Midland score achievable /card is 101 (not 110).

The inner bull in the Yorkshire/Midland 25 yd targets is slightly more difficult to hit than the 25 yd UKBR22 because the bull is slightly smaller.

A perfect shot on the Midland cards, scores 10.1 points, so it is possible to score 101 points/card but this has never been achieved.
    Each round consists of 2 targets. The 20 yard target is a scaled down 25yd card.

The best averages achieved have so far come from a rimfire team but the best air rifle shooters average scores are only about 1 point less ex202.
    Sooner or later, a pellet is going to be on sale that can match a quality rimfire bullet on an indoor range.

Entry forms will be issued for the Summer Postal by e-mail over the next 2/3 weeks to those clubs who entered the winter league

I will keep the format and rules the same, however I will have to limit the max. number of reserves allowed for a team during the season to be 2, as the software used for the results will only handle 2 reserves.

Medals(6/div) will again go to the members of the top 2 teams/division
    John
    hold me back !!

Well worth entering...

A very well organised Competition.......well done to all involved

Got myself a 201 in round three I believe ...I was over the moon still a little more to go for that 202

More luck than judgment I think!!

Simon

Thumbs up Midland

Hi John.
    The Midland is a great shoot to get involved in , as you say the max score is not easy to hit but you are doing a great job.Results posted quickly at the end each round,I think it will grow to be one of the best leagues in the Uk.
    I'm looking forward to the summer season already.
    Regards John F.

John how many needed for a team? Also what rifles are allowed? I might be able to manage to find a team of three from the club for the Summer. Well actually it would be me and two of my children. Currently we are shooting in the UKBR22 postals.

Alan

Midland league

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    John how many needed for a team? Also what rifles are allowed? I might be able to manage to find a team of three from the club for the Summer. Well actually it would be me and two of my children. Currently we are shooting in the UKBR22 postals.

Alan
    Hi Alan

they are 3 man teams,the gang at Paul Lane love it.You need to get in touch with pennineway on here, he 's your man.John F.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post

Alan

E-mails sent re entry and rules Alan

If you are already shooting in the UKBR22 postals, then our 25 yd targets are very similar, perhaps slightly more difficult as the black circle around the 10 is not part of the ten and has to be completely broken with the shot breaking into the centre white spot to be a ten
    Also on our cards you score an extra 0.1 point for a central shot
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!