Thread: BSA Merlin

BSA Merlin

Hello, newbie here !!

I've got a BSA Merlin .22 in excellent condition - anyone have any idea as to what it might be worth ?

Hi Mark_

Welcome to collectors corner, or the Gentlemans area of the BBS. Slippers and Anorak are optional

Your BSA Merlin is a very collectable rifle. prices for good one's peaked before the recession at around £160-£180, however I would say that a good price these days would be nearer £140-£160 now . Mk1 Merlins ( with the plastic transporter- incorporating the rearsight) are scarcer, and thus slightly more valuable than the MK2's - however there is not much in it.
    A good retail shop price seems to often range around the £180-£200, however these seem not to be selling very qickly at the moment, so maybe that price is a bit high?
    Lakey

Thanks for the info - i'll have to have a look see which model mine is. Wheres the best place to sell ? through this site ?

cheers

This place is as good as any, however you will need to start a new sales thread. Probably good to place it in main sales and link back into the "collectors corner" so that you have both bits covered.

Lakey

We have a sales section for sales threads
    Last edited by Jackel; 14-01-2010 at 07:09 AM.