Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Power will tend to creep up on many new guns as they "bed in". The worst stories of creep were particularly bad when Hull used to set them to 11.4 with Superdome, which are a much less efficient pellet than JSB/AA or Logun. Set your average HW100 to 11.4 with Superdome and I'll bet that I can make nearly all of them go above the limit by choosing a more suitable pellet.

The barrel band is a problem on every make of gun that I've used. It is not unique to the HW100. I initially used mine without the band (it's a barrel as strong as that used to cock the 18ftlb+ HW80's!) but now I use the band to support the cylinder, but I've removed the O ring from the part that the barrel passes through.
I bought an OI ring for just the cylinder

The two-piece action moving is a myth, unless the bolts aren't up tight. In my experience, those bolts are always very tight. There are also several dowel-like pieces and a step, that interlock the two halves.
I use a one-piece mount, but I don't think it's necessary.
Totally agree, I have 2 piece mounts on mine but that block is going no where. The bolts through the block are certainly not feeble and once tightened is solid. I hear people quoting some strange 'paranormal' activity in this area but I just chuckle and usually keep quiet, after all smile is most welcome
+1
I bought a second hand HW100 pre AT and Pre quick-fill about 2 years ago.
Its spot on, pellet on pellet.
I don't use it much now as mostly take the HMR out in the fields hunting.
Its a superb garden gun, (I have a large garden) taking out the occasional morning magpie.
The reloading mechanism is faultless, the best of any rifle and impossible to double load
(well unless your dumb enough to force it be manually by removing the mag and inserting it again with pellet)
The 2 stage trigger again is superb, Weihrauch never disappoint here.
The cocking lever is effortless and quick without (tugging at a bolt)
Its whisper quiet.
My HW100 is a cracking rifle and a definitely keeper.

The only gripe I would have is FAC area. I wish the FAC version had similar specs to the Rapid.

I get slated for this but its my opinion.
In sub 12ft/lbs you can't beat a HW100 its perfect and ticks all the boxes.
Only FAC would I touch a Rapid (because then you need high power and shot count)