Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW100.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Weihrauch HW100.

I have always rated Weihrauch rifles but how good is the HW100?Why I ask is because I see an awful lot of these rifles for sale more than any other air-rifle?
    Anyone else agree in what I say?
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    I'd say that there's a lot for sale for a few reasons:

Firstly, they're good guns, so plenty have been brought into the UK.

Secondly, lots of people are Weihrauch followers.

Thirdly, they have anti-tamper that is much more fearsome than people realise. I suspect a lot of people have been shown online "power up" vidoes and have been bitterly disappointed when confronted by the AT and want to get rid.

I currently have four HW100 variants. I once had six - and I will shortly have six again.
    I have one more enroute that I recently bought.
    I also have a friend holding a wrecked one, that I'll collect when the weather is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    Thirdly, they have anti-tamper that is much more fearsome than people realise.
    I used to think that mate, but it's actually fairly straight forward

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    I second everything Fluff has said. Also, a lot of the 100s being offered are the pre anti-tamper, non carbines. I think lots of people are selling them to buy a carbine.

If it's straight forward, please PM me with the info. Would be much appreciated.

They are terrific rifles, but I am biased!

John
    HW95k cal .177, Simmons WTC 1.5-5 x 20. CZ 452 American .22LR, MTC Mamba 3-12 x 44IR.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyJohn View Post
    I second everything Fluff has said. Also, a lot of the 100s being offered are the pre anti-tamper, non carbines. I think lots of people are selling them to buy a carbine.

If it's straight forward, please PM me with the info. Would be much appreciated.

They are terrific rifles, but I am biased!

John
    Pm sent

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    Straightforward, yes - if you know how all the innards work.
    But the power freaks will soon find that they have an inconsistent gun, a bad power curve and a jammed regulator because they can't balance the hammer against the regulator.

I have two carbines. I have owned a number of PCP's (Rapid, Ultra, AA) and shot numerous others and I have to say the HW100TK beats them hands down. If you spend the time to get the best pellet combo nothing will beat it. It's the most silent and clinical hunting tool I have!

thats easy mine loves fx 16gr pellets in .22 they do a cracking job on the bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by bass301gmh View Post
    I have two carbines. I have owned a number of PCP's (Rapid, Ultra, AA) and shot numerous others and I have to say the HW100TK beats them hands down. If you spend the time to get the best pellet combo nothing will beat it. It's the most silent and clinical hunting tool I have!
    dont know what you mean by silent ? mine and my shooting buddies are both noisey on the action but great otherwise

how have you made them silent
    cheers chippy

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    But the power freaks will soon find that they have an inconsistent gun, a bad power curve and a jammed regulator because they can't balance the hammer against the regulator.
    Pm sent mate

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffybuck View Post
    That is interesting, I have just bought a HW100TK .22 and chrono but was worried about power increase after the bedding in period. I did not fancy sending it back to HC to have it reset every 5 mins. I have also seen that the "MOD" is pretty simple and when/if the chrono readings start getting a little high I was considering adjusting it down a tad. Will adjusting the gun say +- 0.5 ftlb (for adjusting to within the legal limit) affect the power curve/regulator?

thanks

Are there known issues with the FAC version of HW100 in 22? I recently got one from Germany but havent shot it as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet boy View Post
    I have always rated Weihrauch rifles but how good is the HW100?Why I ask is because I see an awful lot of these rifles for sale more than any other air-rifle?
    Anyone else agree in what I say?
    Maybe its just that there are more sold in the first place?Dont worry about the looks of the stock you can soon change that.

How many shots per charge in .177 (sub 12 ft/lbs)in the Karbine version please?
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet boy View Post
    How many shots per charge in .177 (sub 12 ft/lbs)in the Karbine version please?
    Officialy HW Say 50 shots in .177 Sub 12ft karbine format.

From experience I had one Karbine that only did 3 Mags and one that did 4 mags from 200 bar to drop off when it starts chuffing.

Sometimes theres still usuable shots well into the yellow zone.