Thread: Weihrauch HW100.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers Fluff some good info there to quash those myths

Out of interest do you know what pellets HC are using now to set them up on?

I guess the one piece mount is also a personal preference for many shooters prefering this mount over 2 piece etc and a bonus that the HW100 action actualy allows one to be fitted due to the magazine not being in the way as with most Multishot PCP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    Power will tend to creep up on many new guns as they "bed in". The worst stories of creep were particularly bad when Hull used to set them to 11.4 with Superdome, which are a much less efficient pellet than JSB/AA or Logun. Set your average HW100 to 11.4 with Superdome and I'll bet that I can make nearly all of them go above the limit by choosing a more suitable pellet.

The barrel band is a problem on every make of gun that I've used. It is not unique to the HW100. I initially used mine without the band (it's a barrel as strong as that used to cock the 18ftlb+ HW80's!) but now I use the band to support the cylinder, but I've removed the O ring from the part that the barrel passes through.

The two-piece action moving is a myth, unless the bolts aren't up tight. In my experience, those bolts are always very tight. There are also several dowel-like pieces and a step, that interlock the two halves.
    I use a one-piece mount, but I don't think it's necessary.

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Cheers Fluff some good info there to quash those myths

Out of interest do you know what pellets HC are using now to set them up on?

I guess the one piece mount is also a personal preference for many shooters prefering this mount over 2 piece etc and a bonus that the HW100 action actualy allows one to be fitted due to the magazine not being in the way as with most Multishot PCP's.
    In 2003-2005, they seemed to use Superdome.
    In 2006-2007, they used H&N FTT, which are usually much more efficient, but still not as efficient as the Penetrators, JSB/Daystate Heavies and the like.
    Nowadays, I think they're using HW FT Special, which are fairly similar to - but slightly heavier and better than - the FTT.

In my experience, those pellets are fairly good for power-setting the .22 versions, but in the .177's, FTT/HW-FTS are not much above average power and often out-powered by the heavies, so the heavies can run close to the limit.