Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW100.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet boy View Post
    I have always rated Weihrauch rifles but how good is the HW100?Why I ask is because I see an awful lot of these rifles for sale more than any other air-rifle?
    Anyone else agree in what I say?
    Maybe its just that there are more sold in the first place?Dont worry about the looks of the stock you can soon change that.

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Wow thats impressive Fluff, all those shots from a Karbine thats about double the norm over a standard Karbine, even Weihrauch have it listed on there website as 50 shots in .177K guise. thats some nice tuning

I notice you have a .22 HW100 as well, I've never shot the .22 HW100 before and without wishing to get in to a calibre debate as its horses for courses etc how do you find the .22 flavoured HW100 Fluff?
    Thank you. I'm rather proud too. One or two bbs members have done a full-fill chrono to verify the shot count and power.
    It has no temperature-related power fluctuation and the regulator will function up to 220-230bar, meaning that it could manage an extra mag or so of shots, if slightly over-filled.
    Not that I recommend it because 200 is the max recommended in the manual - but many "professional tuners" raise the working pressure of their "tuned guns" from 200 to 230bar as part of the enhancement process.

I have a mix of .177 and .22.
    The .177 is more versatile, but the .22 is more reliable at putting the rabbits down, if you can get within 30-35yds.
    My .22's are generally used for NV work, where getting close is easier than in daylight. My .177's are generally used for daylight shooting. I have the Rapid .20 because it's calibre is a good all-rounder that I'd take as my first choice if checking out a new shoot (due to unkown ranges and unknown location of warrens).

How many shots per charge in .177 (sub 12 ft/lbs)in the Karbine version please?
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Officialy HW Say 50 shots in .177 Sub 12ft karbine format.

From experience I had one Karbine that only did 3 Mags and one that did 4 mags from 200 bar to drop off when it starts chuffing.

Sometimes theres still usuable shots well into the yellow zone.

The HW variants give approx:

.177 carbine: 4 mags
    .177 full length: 8 mags
    .22 carbine: 5 mags
    .22 full length: 10 mags

Most will be close to the above, but it varies a little from one gun to another, depending on whether you get a good one (might give 5-6 mags in .177K) or a bad one (might give 2-3 mags in .177K).

2-3mags really isn't good enough for a days shooting?
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

2-3mags really isn't good enough for a days shooting?
    Agreed - it's not enough shots for more than about half an hour's plinking.

But the gun is quick to top-up with air because of the small reservoir.

It's shot count is plenty for a hunter though.
    The most I've ever shot in one hunting session was 26 pellets.
    The next most was 22 pellets.
    My average is probably about 5 pellets per hunting trip.

Thanks for all your comments and advice gents especially Fluff.I will take on board what you have all said and will think it over to maybe get myself a HW100KT someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    The HW variants give approx:

.177 carbine: 4 mags
    .177 full length: 8 mags
    .22 carbine: 5 mags
    .22 full length: 10 mags

Most will be close to the above, but it varies a little from one gun to another, depending on whether you get a good one (might give 5-6 mags in .177K) or a bad one (might give 2-3 mags in .177K).
    Fluff, lots of good advice and info from you - many thanks - as one of the many HW100 potential purchasers, can you explain a bit more between the differences of the rifle types please ie carbine/non-carbine pros/cons. I've read a few threads regarding the .177/.22 debate so am happy there, even if undecided!
    Cheers!

Thumbs up Hw100

I will second that, a Great rifle, i own a 177 carbine sportster, just got a single shot mag for it, as well as the 2 x14 shot mags that came with it,not tried a lot of diferent pellets in it other than AirArms going to try JSBs in it been told they are OK WELL PLEASED WITH IT. I Thinks it looks great
    FX Wildcat walther CP88, Webley Hurricane, Benjamin Franklin 312, original 50, Daystate Air Wolf MTC, Brock Enigma, BSA R 10, + more committee Member & Groundsman, Worsley Air-Gunners BASC MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by S6PNJ View Post
    Fluff, lots of good advice and info from you - many thanks - as one of the many HW100 potential purchasers, can you explain a bit more between the differences of the rifle types please ie carbine/non-carbine pros/cons. I've read a few threads regarding the .177/.22 debate so am happy there, even if undecided!
    Cheers!
    Pro's and con's....

The full-length and carbine versions are identical and interchangeable, apart from their barrel, air cylinder and stock.
    You could take the barrel/cylinder/stock from and swap the three between full-length and carbine, so long as the calibre was the same.
    Calibre change is not so easy - it requires much more than you'd think.

I generally prefer the carbine because it's lighter and better handling. It also fits better into a car boot. Some rifles are too long and have to sit on your back seat (in their bag, of course).
    Generally speaking, I've found full-length versions to be fractionally more accurate (especially at very long range). I've also found full-length versions to have a slightly flatter trajectory. Additionally, the internals are less stressed.
    But....and it's a big (and surprising but....).
    I seem to find that long-barrelled .177's, despite their slightly better accuracy and slightly better trajectory, they don't have the "knock down" power on small vermin.
    That probably sounds strange, but I believe it's because the shorter carbine versions have more muzzle blast, which causes a slightly unstable pellet.
    That instability is what gives a carbine a slightly inferior accuracy/trajectory performance, but it may facilitate tumbling of the pellet upon impact, which causes a lot more damage.
    I sold my longer-barreled .177's because they just didn't seem to have the stopping power of my shorter-barreled .177's. In fact, I used to be very "anti- .177" because my HW100 and AAS410 rifles would just drill holes without killing. When I bought my HW100K's, my hunting experience changed dramatically for the better.

For .177 hunting, I'd definitely go carbine.
    For HFT, either would do for sufficient accuracy.
    For FT, I'd prefer the full-length version (or fit a rifle barrel to a carbine and adjust the interals - to improve shot count and accuracy), for the likelihood of extra accuracy at the extreme ranges.

Thanks for all your comments and advice gents especially Fluff.I will take on board what you have all said and will think it over to maybe get myself a HW100KT someday.
    Agreed, I have had a good few guns over the years and HW's have always been good, the HW100K could be the gun that breaks my springer/gas-ram habit!
    .177 S400 Carbine
    .22 Theoben Evolution

Thumbs up Hw100

Superb rifle very light and accurate, I have a .177 carbine; and it shoots as accurate as any target rifle twice the price or Daystate with electrics etc.

The rifle is very reliable and I think a good looking gun. Excellent quality and finish also. Will shoot a number of makes of pellets without too much trouble. Usually get about 70 shots to a fill.

You won't go wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffybuck View Post
    Straightforward, yes - if you know how all the innards work.
    But the power freaks will soon find that they have an inconsistent gun, a bad power curve and a jammed regulator because they can't balance the hammer against the regulator.
    That is interesting, I have just bought a HW100TK .22 and chrono but was worried about power increase after the bedding in period. I did not fancy sending it back to HC to have it reset every 5 mins. I have also seen that the "MOD" is pretty simple and when/if the chrono readings start getting a little high I was considering adjusting it down a tad. Will adjusting the gun say +- 0.5 ftlb (for adjusting to within the legal limit) affect the power curve/regulator?

thanks

Are there known issues with the FAC version of HW100 in 22? I recently got one from Germany but havent shot it as yet.