Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Weihrauch HW100.

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by yash3_great View Post
    Are there known issues with the FAC version of HW100 in 22? I recently got one from Germany but havent shot it as yet.
    Yes, the FAC versions have issues.
    The barrel is too long, which makes for an awkward-handling and front-heavy gun.
    The air reservoir is a bit small and low on shot count.
    The barrels are very pellet fussy at FAC power - often only shooting well with H&N Baracuda, Weihrauch Magnum or Bisley Magnum.

My son has just swapped his 3 week old "D" lightweight PCP for a full length 100. The gun appears to be extrememly well built, has an excellent finish, is well balanced, quiet, delivering appropriate levels of velocity and has the best looking stock I have ever seen on a 100.

Its got me wanting one as well !

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

The long barrel helps in accuracy and velocity as I have been told. If it shoots accurate with the Barracuda pellets, I really don't mind because they are one of the best and work like a charm in my other guns too.

Fingers crossed....

I've had mine for a week, the stock has had my TLC and is now looking a million dollars, its the full length .177 S version with a custom chrome barrel and air cylinder, the scope is a Deben 8.5-34x52, I'm getting circa 80 shots per fill. It feels really solid and is very nice to shoot, in reality a bit like driving my BMW X3 tdi, it does what it says on the tin, nothing pretentious, other than the chrome which IMHO looks really smart. I've bought a single shot adapter as I'm a member of an FT/HFT club, it's far better than the conversion trays on the Daystate Huntsman, where I have to put on my readers every time I load.

I had been trying to find something as good but lighter, the HW100 carbine was the only gun that came close, but I don't think that it's quite as accurate as the full length version, and as 75% of my shots are from the prone position, the longer gun is no problem. Also the weight and quality build of the HW100 makes it very quiet, which is great for back garden plinking.

So there's my two penneth, happy shooting.

I have a 2 year old carbine with AT removed and a AM cyl fitted over the chrono this week after some bad grouping the readings were 785 to 783 but after about 30 shot,s there was a 773 then 790 ,all pellets weighed and washed anyone any idea,s ?